Boards and Commissions
The City of Anaheim has a number of boards and commissions on which citizens serve and make recommendations to the City Council in an advisory capacity. The names of these Boards and Commissions and a brief summary of their activities are listed below. Board and Commission members are appointed by the Anaheim City Council. In most cases, you must be a resident of Anaheim and a qualified elector (18 years of age or older) to serve. Terms range from 3 to 4 years; begin July 1 - June 30, four years later. Appointees may serve two consecutive terms. Interested applicants can apply online or download the application and submit to the City Clerk. City Clerk staff is happy to answer questions you may have concerning the boards and commissions. You may contact us at (714) 765-5166 or fax (714) 765-4105. Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
VIEW CITY BOARDS & COMMISSIONS ROSTERS & LIST OF VACANCIES
VIEW REGIONAL BOARDS & COMMISSIONS DESCRIPTIONS
Budget, Investment and Technology Commission - reviews & makes recommendations to the Council concerning the City's budget, investment policy & information technology.
Community Center Authority - functions as a financing conduit in connection with the Convention Center
Community Services Board - makes recommendations to the Council concerning the City's social service needs.
- Cultural and Heritage Commission - makes recommendations to the Council concerning arts, culture and historic preservation.
- Housing and Community Development Commission - assists in community development efforts and uses of HUD funds.
Library Board - makes recommendations concerning the operation of City libraries.
- Park & Recreation Commission - makes recommendations concerning park and recreation planning/programming.
- Planning Commission - assists the City Council with land use policy and zoning decisions.
- Public Utilities Board - makes recommendations concerning issues related to the delivery of electricity and water.
Sister City Commission - makes recommendations to maintain and expand the vision and goals of the Sister City program.