We're Doing Our Part to Conserve Water
Water Use Monitoring
- Frequent Monitoring Our water meters are read on a weekly basis to quickly identify any unusual/unnecessary water usage so immediate corrective action can be taken to prevent water waste. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Outdoor Water Conservation
- Landscape Irrigation We use approximately 20 percent less water to irrigate our landscaping thanks to our centralized "smart" irrigation controller. This system automatically tailors sprinkler and drip irrigation schedules to meet specific landscape needs by using weather information and specific site conditions to determine when and how much water to apply. Watering of our landscaping occurs only at night to maximize efficiency. Additionally, our sprinkler heads use 10-20 percent less water than conventional sprinkler heads.
- Landscape/Turf Removal An estimated 200,000 gallons of water per year will be saved as result of removing 69 trees and 36,655 square feet of shrubs and turf for our expansion. These landscaping items will not be replaced upon completion of our expansion.
- Steam/Pressure-Washing An estimated 208,000 gallons of water will be saved per year as a result of reduced steam-cleaning/pressure-washing of cement and paver surfaces.
In 2017, the ACC installed a groundwater replenishment system that directs rainwater from the ACC North roof to a filtration system then to local groundwater.
@(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Indoor Water Conservation
- Water Faucets We installed automatic fixture sensors on our sinks resulting in 70 percent less water per use compared to standard faucets.
- Toilets & Urinals We are currently replacing our 1 gallon per flush urinal fixtures with 1/8 gallon per flush fixtures. Additionally, we are in the planning phase of replacement of our 1.6 gallon per flush toilet fixtures to 1.28 gallon per flush fixtures. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>