Hardship Application FAQ
You may submit questions regarding the STR Hardship Extension Application and/or Data Form by sending an email to: STRHardship@anaheim.net. Answers to the questions will be posted below within 72 hours (3 business days), to the extent possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
(1) How can I download the STR Hardship Extension Application and Data form?
(2) Can I obtain a hard copy of the STR Hardship Extension Application and Data form?
(2A) Yes, application forms are available from the Business License Division of the City of Anaheim located on the first floor of City Hall, 200 S. Anaheim Blvd.
(3) I’m trying to understand what qualifications one needs to be approved for the hardship. Is there a form or matrix that you can send?
(3A) The request for extension will be reviewed pursuant to AMC 4.05.180. In considering the application and making a decision, the Planning Director may take into account all relevant information that relates to the determination of whether the owner has had or will have a reasonable period of time to recoup the costs the owner reasonably invested for short-term rental use, and that the costs cannot be recouped once the short-term rental use is terminated. All applicable provisions of the Amortization Ordinance may be viewed by clicking on the following link. Forms for completing your application and supplying the required information are posted on the website www.anaheim.net/STRHardshipExtension.
(4) Has the deadline to file for the hardship extensions been extended or is it still February 8th, 2017?
(4A) On December 20, 2016, the City Council voted to approve an Ordinance that would give the Planning Director the authority to extend the deadline for filing Hardship extension applications and the second reading of the Ordinance is scheduled for January 10, 2017. If, as expected, the Ordinance is approved on January 10, 2017, the Planning Director intends to issue a blanket extension of the deadline to Friday, March 24, 2017 (44 days).
(5) May I submit information in addition to the information requested in the City’s Short Term Rental Hardship Extension Application and Financial Data Form?
(6) On Page 1 of 2, under Part 2: Short-Term Rental Operator Information of the Short-Term Rental Hardship Extension Application form, what does, “Other Licenses Held” mean?
(5A) Each applicant is required to submit the Hardship Extension Application Form and Data Form and pay the required $1,086 fee. While each applicant is required to provide the information requested in the Financial Data Form, the City is not precluding an applicant from also providing its own separate financial analysis for each STR in the applicant’s own format, with the purpose of setting forth the methodology and data used to arrive at the applicant’s requested time period for an amortization extension.
(6A) “Other Licenses Held” means driver’s licenses from other states, as well as, identification cards in lieu of the person not having a driver’s license.