Permit Parking Program Update
Thank you for your involvement in the update to Anaheim's permit parking program. We are now preparing recommendations and seeking community and City Council feedback as we prepare for Council direction on program in March.
The draft recommendations include streamlining the program, providing guidance on district size, and reducing the number of overall permits issued. The proposed permit parking program guidelines would be used by city staff to guide implementation of permit parking districts. A draft of the Guidelines will be part of the Feb. 27 Council agenda.
In addition to updates to the permit parking program, other potential changes would address how the city handles oversized vehicles and vehicles for sale. Both of these issues are currently reducing available parking and in some cases creating traffic and safety challenges. The city is proposing changes to prohibit with some exceptions oversized vehicles and vehicles for sale on city streets to ensure there is space for residents and businesses.
Upcoming key meeting dates for feedback and Council direction are:
- Tuesday, Feb. 27, 5 p.m. City Council meeting: The Council is expected to receive and file initial details for parking guidelines and ordinances, all of which will be made available for public review and comment.
- Tuesday, March 13, 6 to 8 p.m. Town Hall Meeting: a chance for in-depth community feedback, similar to the community workshop held in 2017. Survey in Englishand Spanish.
- Monday, March 19: last day for comments to be received by staff for their consideration
- Tuesday, March 27, 5 p.m. City Council Meeting: Council consideration of the permit parking guidelines and related draft ordinances (first reading)
All meetings are open to the public and will be held at the Anaheim City Council Chambers, 200 S. Anaheim Blvd.
We welcome your substantive feedback on the guidelines and oversized vehicle and vehicles for sale changes, either via the online survey or at the town hall meeting on March 13. We have created a survey to gather your feedback that you can take by clicking here or for a Spanish-language survey, click here
We request that all feedback be received by Monday, March 19, 2018, to allow staff sufficient time to review prior to the City Council meeting on Tuesday, March 27, 2018.
We appreciate your help improving this program. Feel free to reach out to PermitParking@anaheim.net with any questions about the guidelines, proposed changes, or upcoming meetings.
For more information on the proposed update, click here to view our fact sheet.
**DOCUMENTS FOR PUBLIC REVIEW and COMMENT
- Draft Permit Parking Program Guidelines
- Draft Permit Parking Ordinance
- Draft Oversized Vehicle Ordinance (Amending Section 14.32.205)
- Draft Oversized Vehicle Ordinance (Adding Section 14.32.206)
- Draft Ordinance Restricting the Display of Cars "For-Sale" (Amending AMC Section 14.32.181)
- Map Depicting Streets Prohibiting Cars For-Sale
How to Purchase Permits
AVOID THE LINE, PURCHASE ONLINE! Residents who reside in currently implemented permit-eligible districts are able to purchase their two-year residential and visitor permits online via the Permit Store.
New online permit applications will be handled during normal business hours, Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.