myPower Savings Program
Anaheim Public Utilities is inviting you to participate in the myPower Savings Program (Program). To reduce the need to build new power plants, Anaheim is paying eligible residential customers to reduce electricity usage when needed. You can earn an instant enrollment reward (up to a $30 bill credit) and additional Program event participation rewards ($1.00 for every kilowatt-hour of energy you reduce during event hours, up to $100 in bill credits per fiscal year). Enroll now to receive Program event notifications and plan to reduce or shift your electricity usage.
If you are an eligible residential customer, you may enroll in the Program by filling out and mailing the enrollment form to the Anaheim Public Utilities. You will receive a one-time bill credit reward for enrolling based on your home power saving appliances ($30 for central A/C plus pool pump, $20 for central A/C, and $10 for wall A/C).
When a myPower Savings event is called, we will notify you of the upcoming event by email or text, based on your preference. You can earn additional bill credits by reducing your electricity usage during the event hours. You earn a $1.00 in bill credit for every kilowatt-hour (kWh) of energy you reduce.
Depending on how much you reduce during myPower Savings events, you could earn up to $100 per fiscal year (July 1 – June 30).
If you'd like to participate in the myPower Savings Program, fill out the enrollment form and mail to Anaheim Public Utilities, Business & Community Programs, 201 S. Anaheim Blvd., Suite 801, Anaheim, CA 92805.
Please note that the myPower Savings Program is a pilot Program and subject to availability. Program requirements are subject to change at any time. Enrollment forms will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Enroll in the Program by filling out and returning this enrollment form to Anaheim Public Utilities.
- Receive an instant enrollment reward on your electric bill based on your power saving appliances.
- Receive event notifications by email or text.
- Opt-in to an event by responding to the event notification and reducing electricity usage during the specified event hours.
- Receive electric bill credits based on your actual electricity usage reductions.
- Event participation is voluntary.
- Events are limited to non-holiday weekdays, up to 3 hours per event, and 1 event per day. The total number of events will not exceed 10 events per year.
- Events can be called at any time between 6 AM and 10 PM, but are typically called in the late afternoon to early evening.
- Bill credits are calculated based on the difference between your electricity usage during the event and your average electricity usage during the same time frame, for the 3 highest usage days in the previous 5 non-event and non-holiday weekdays.