Rapid Response / WARN
Anaheim Workforce Connect understands that under some circumstances, a layoff is unavoidable. We are equipped to help companies deal with the effects of layoffs and closures through the Rapid Response Program, which provides immediate assistance to companies and their affected employees.
The Rapid Response Program offers transition services to employees, including:
- Assistance with accessing Unemployment Insurance
- Job Search Assistance
- Trade Adjustment Assistance (when required, if jobs are eliminated due to foreign trade)
- Other transitional services that support employees
Companies who provide Rapid Response services to employees during a layoff experience these positive outcomes:
- Sustained productivity and morale because workers are able to see how those affected are being assisted
- Reduced unemployment insurance costs because affected workers can take steps to become reemployed more quickly
- Reduced incidence of damages to company’s physical or intellectual property
- Improved public and/or media relations because of demonstrated efforts to assist impacted workers
The Rapid Response team will assist businesses and workers during layoffs and plant closures. Companies with more than 75 full time employees must notify the state in writing under California’s Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act. Anaheim Workforce Connection’s Rapid Response Team is comprised of representatives from the California Employment Development Department (EDD) Unemployment and Job Service Divisions; the Department of Labor; the Workforce Development Board; and other agencies as required to meet the needs of the employees in transition. If your company is facing an unavoidable downsizing or layoff, please contact us right away so we can mobilize our team to help you comply with regulations, take advantage of available resources and manage employee expectations.
For more information please contact one of our Business Services Representatives at 714-765-4350.