Completed Projects Gallery
- Underground District #48: Harbor: Approximately 1.7 circuit miles of overhead electrical lines was undergrounded on Harbor from Vermont Ave to Santa Ana St, and on Water St from west of Harbor to Anaheim Blvd. This project was coordinated with Public Works to accommodate a sewer improvement project on Water Street. The project also included reconductoring the existing pole lines within alleyways to improve the reliability of the electric system that is serving residential homes and small businesses.
- Underground District #49: Sunkist: This project undergrounded 2.3 circuit miles of overhead electrical lines on Sunkist from Winston Rd to Lincoln and on Ball Rd from State College to east of Sunkist St. The project was closely coordinated with the two elementary schools to minimize construction impact to the school schedules.
- Underground District #51/56: Lincoln/Magnolia: This project extends on Magnolia Ave from Crescent Ave to Ball Rd, and on Lincoln Ave from Magnolia Ave to Brookhurst St. The project includes undergrounding the electrical transmission (69 kV), distribution (12 kV), and communication facilities on the existing utility poles as well as installing new street lights. This project is the first to utilize the design-build methodology for an undergrounding project.
- Underground District #53: La Palma/Brookhurst: Approximately 1.5 circuit miles of overhead electrical lines was undergrounded on La Palma from Euclid St to Brookhurst St, and on Brookhurst St from SR-91 freeway to south of I-5 freeway. This project also undergrounded overhead lines crossing the 5 Freeway by placing a steel casing underneath the freeway. Coordination with Caltrans and California Highway Patrol was required to safely remove the overhead lines crossing the freeway.
- Underground District #54: Katella/Lewis: This project undergrounded approximately 2 circuit miles of overhead electrical lines on Katella from State College Blvd to west of Lewis St, and on Lewis St from Katella Ave to Howell Ave. The project construction was carefully coordinated with the Platinum Triangle developments and street improvements.
- Underground District #57 – Lincoln/Dale: Approximately 2.4 circuit miles of overhead electrical lines was undergrounded on Lincoln from west of Magnolia Ave to Knott Ave, and on Dale from Ball Rd to Crescent Ave. This project was closely coordinated with Southern California Edison for the undergrounding of their overhead facilities on Lincoln Ave. The project was also coordinated with Dale Junior High School to minimize construction impact to the school schedule.
- Underground District #59 – Brookhurst: This project undergrounded 2.3 circuit miles of overhead electrical lines on Brookhurst from Katella Ave to Orange Ave. The project was successfully coordinated with Southern California Edison for their portion of the undergrounding. The project was also coordinated with Public Works to accommodate the street widening on Brookhurst between Katella Ave and Ball Rd by removing the utility poles.
- Underground District #60 – West/Westmont: This project extends on West St from Lincoln Ave to La Palma, and on Westmont from West St to Loara St. The project includes undergrounding approximately 1.5 circuit miles of 12kV distribution circuits and communication facilities. This project was closely coordinated with Anaheim High School to minimize construction impact to the school schedule. The project’s construction also involves coordination with Community Services Department to ensure preservation of various historical monuments.