The City of Anaheim offers Economic Development support through a variety of resources. The Business Assistance Program, housed under our Planning & Building Department, offers resources and information beneficial for business owners in the process of opening a new business, remodeling, or expanding an existing business within Anaheim. The Community & Economic Development Department implements a focused set of programs to foster a better quality of life and economic growth. Anaheim Public Utilities is a customer-owned, not-for-profit, electric and water utility that offers programs and incentives to new and existing business customers. Click on the image above to learn more about Anaheim's Economic Development Team.
Planning & Building - Business Assistance Program
- Pre-development meetings with Planning and Building staff as needed to review your project and provide guidance on items to be considered as part of your overall scope of work.
- Business owners will be assigned a Business Solutions Specialist (a one-point contact from plan submission to final inspection)
- Specialists coordinate among City departments and outside agencies
- The Fee Deferral Program allows for payment of the impact fees for new construction (both commercial and residential) to be deferred until the development is ready for final inspection, a temporary or final certificate of occupancy.
- Employee training funds
- Employee recruiting assistance
- Employment tax credits
- Provision of demographic and other market data to existing and prospective new businesses
- Free business workshops
- Assistance with locating available commercial space
- Technical services to reduce utility costs
- Energy rebates and incentives
- Water rebates and incentives
- Green incentives
Anaheim serves as a premier business location offering a full range of amenities and support services required by industries of all kinds. The City's Economic Development Team, including Anaheim Workforce Investment Board, Anaheim Public Utilities, Community & Economic Development, and the City's Planning Department, can help your business by customizing it’s services to best suit your needs. We will explain your options whether you are looking to start a new business in the area or expand an existing one.