The Internet Access Rebate program offers Anaheim families, that have been impacted by COVID-19 and are now either working from home or distance learning, with financial assistance towards home internet costs. Prior to seeking rebates, residents must be enrolled in at least one of the Anaheim Public Utilities income qualified programs, which includes the Income Qualified Discount Program for Seniors, Long Term Disabled or Military Veteran Program, or the Green Power Discount Program. Residents may apply for the Internet Access Rebate program for each monthly internet broadband bill, for the March-December 2020 period with a submittal deadline of December 15, 2020, while program funds are available.
How it Works
- Residents living in the City of Anaheim who are enrolled in at least one Anaheim Public Utilities income qualified program, which include the Income Qualified Discount Program for Seniors, Long Term Disabled or Military Veterans and the Green Power Discount Program, are eligible to participate.
- Eligible internet bills include wireline systems to homes such as broadband, DSL, cable internet, or Wi-Fi inside home via wireless router. Major home internet providers include AT&T, Spectrum, T-Mobile, and Verizon.
- By filling out the Internet Access Rebate application, you are attesting to the number of residents in your household and are subject to spot-checks to validate the information in your application.
- Residents may submit multiple monthly internet bills to reach the associated rebate total per household. Monthly internet bills can date back to March 2020 at the time of California’s mandatory stay at home orders. In the case that you do not have prior internet bills, residents may revisit the online form to submit future internet bills.
- Program rebate structure is based upon number of individuals living in household using internet and cannot exceed monthly internet costs. See below chart for rebate allowances. One rebate per household.
- 1-2 users = up to $20/monthly internet bill, max $60 per household
- 3-4 users = up to $30/monthly internet bill, max $90 per household
- 5+ users = up to $40/monthly internet bill, max $120 per household