Anaheim Housing Authority
Staff is working remotely during the temporary closure. If you have questions or seek general information, please call (714)765 -4320 to leave a message. Our staff will return all calls within 24-48 hours.
The Anaheim Housing Authority administers federally-funded programs and grants allocated by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) in the City of Anaheim, CA.
Housing Programs include:
- Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program - allows a participating family to move into a unit of their choice if the property owner has agreed to participate in the HCV Program.
- Project Based Voucher (PBV) Program - provides rental assistance at selected apartment complexes within the City.
- Affordable Housing Lists – The City has agreements with owners of specific units to keep rent levels below regular market rates. As affordable units become available, individuals on the Interest List will be notified by mail of the availability. This is not a rental assistance program.
HUD Programs include:
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program – The CDBG program provides funding to agencies and businesses that provide a benefit to low and moderate income persons, prevent or eliminate slums and blight, or meet needs having a particular urgency.
- Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) Program – The ESG program provides funding to nonprofit organizations and public entities sponsoring projects that’s provide a benefit to low-and moderate income homeless persons, provides shelters for the homeless, but also aid in the transition of this population to permanent housing.
- HOME Investments Partnerships (HOME) Program – The HOME program provides funds to local government’s to implement local housing strategies designed to increase the supply of affordable housing.
- Housing Opportunity for Persons with AIDS (HOPWA) Program – The HOPWA program provides funding for housing and related support services of low–income persons living with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS).
- The Project-Based Voucher Waiting List Application is open only for those who qualify for the live or work in Anaheim preference.
- The Anaheim Housing Authority opened its Housing Choice Voucher program waiting list on Monday, December 2, 2019, for individuals who qualify for the mainstream preference.
To qualify for the mainstream preference, a household member must satisfy all three eligibility criteria: (1) must be between 18 to 61 years old, (2) must be disabled, and (3) must currently be transitioning out of an institutional or other segregated setting, at serious risk of institutionalization, homeless, or at risk of becoming homeless. In order to apply, you must attach verification that you or a member of your household meets all three of the above criteria.
Beginning December 2, 2019, pre-applications will be accepted at the Anaheim Housing Authority office located at: 201 S. Anaheim Blvd. Suite 201, Anaheim, CA 92805. You may submit a written request for the Anaheim Housing Authority to send you a pre-application at the following address: 201 S. Anaheim Blvd. Suite 201, Anaheim, CA 92805.
You may view the public notices below:
Public Notice in English
Public Notice in Spanish
Public Notice in Vietnamese