Housing Opportunity Sites (2014-2021)
In 2004, the Anaheim City Council adopted a comprehensive update of the City’s General Plan and certified Environmental Impact Report (EIR) Number 330 as the environmental documentation for this project. The General Plan is a document that represents the City’s view of its future and is a blueprint for a city’s growth and development. The City Council and the Planning Commission use the General Plan to help guide their land use decisions.
In 2009, the Anaheim City Council approved the 2006-2014 General Plan Housing Element. Housing Element is 1 of the 7 State-required components of the General Plan. This document assesses the housing needs for the City of Anaheim and plans for the provision of housing for a variety of income levels.
On September 24, 2013 the Anaheim City Council approved the Housing Opportunities Sites Rezoning Project by certifying EIR Number 346 and introducing an ordinance to reclassify properties designated by the 2006-2014 Housing Element as Housing Opportunity Sites to either the Residential Opportunity (RO) Overlay Zone or the Mixed Use (MU) Overlay Zone to facilitate “by-right” residential development at these locations. On October 8, 2013, City Council adopted Ordinance Number 6288 to finalize the rezoning of these properties. All of the rezoned sites are properties that were already designated for housing development by the General Plan, but previously zoned for non-residential land use. The RO and MU Overlay Zones allow the properties to be either developed according to their non-residential zoning or with housing.
On February 4, 2014, the Anaheim City Council approved the 2014-2021 Housing Element. The Housing Element designated all of the properties that were rezoned as part of the Housing Opportunities Sites Rezoning Project, as Housing Opportunity Sites for the 2014-2021 planning period.
Final Supplemental Environmental Impact Report (FSEIR) No. 346
Draft Supplemental Environmental Impact Report (DSEIR) No. 346
- Table of Contents
- 1. Executive Summary
- 2. Introduction
- 3. Project Description
- 4. Environmental Setting
- 5.1 Air Quality
- 5.2 Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- 5.3 Noise
- 5.4 Transportation and Traffic
- 6. Significant Unavoidable Adverse Impacts
- 7. CEQA Mandated Sections
- 8. Organizations and Persons Consulted
- 9. Qualifications of Persons Preparing the EIR
- 10. Bibliography
- Appendix A Notice of Preparation (NOP) and Initial Study
- Appendix B Notice of Preparation Responses
- Appendix C SB 226 Provisions
- Appendix D Air Quality and Greenhouse Gas Emissions Modeling Data
- Appendix E Noise Modeling Data
- Appendix F Traffic Impact Analysis
- Appendix G Draft Code Amendment
- Appendix H Revised Tables Lu-5 Residential Buildout Estimates and LU-6 Non-Residential Buildout Estimates
2021-2029 Housing Element Update
The City is currently updating its Housing Element for the 6th planning cycle, covering the years 2021 through 2029. With this update, a new list of Housing Opportunities Sites will be developed. Click here for more information on the 2021-2029 Housing Element Update Project.