News Flash

Coronavirus News

Posted on: February 16, 2021

Anaheim to give $20 million in rental assistance

rent program for pr

ANAHEIM, Calif. (Feb. 16, 2021) — Anaheim will provide $20 million in assistance to families and landlords struggling with rent debt due to the coronavirus crisis.

In the second phase for Anaheim’s Emergency Rental Assistance Program, approved by the City Council Tuesday, renters and landlords impacted by COVID-19 can get help with unpaid rent from the past year.

“This will lift a huge burden off the shoulders of many Anaheim families,” Mayor Harry Sidhu said. “We’ve helped many already, but there is more need out there. By taking our federal and state funding and creating a locally administered rental assistance program, we’ll be able to quickly provide direct help to those who are hurting, both renters and landlords.”

Anaheim helped 736 families with up to $2,100 in assistance in the first phase of the Emergency Rental Assistance Program, approved by the City Council in May 2020 as part of the $36 million Anaheim Community and Economic Recovery Plan.

The second phase of the program was made possible by added funding allocated to Anaheim by the state and federal governments for rental assistance.

In the second phase of the program, the city will pay 80 percent of rent owed if landlords agree to forgive the remaining 20 percent, in line with the state’s eviction protection program.

If a landlord chooses not to participate in the program, their tenant can still apply to get 25 percent of their rent owed.

There is no cap on how much assistance each household can receive. The city will give priority to households making less than 50 percent of area median income and those who are unemployed.

Those who received assistance in the first phase of the program can reapply for additional help.

The program is funded through state and federal funds allocated directly to Anaheim for rent help.

Applications will open on March 1, 2021, and will be due by March 31, 2021. For more information and to apply, visit Anaheim.net/rentassistance.

Residents who need extra assistance can call the city hotline at (714) 765-4300, ext. 4890.

For regular updates on coronavirus, go to Anaheim.net/coronavirus.

 

*******

Anaheim dará $20 millones en asistencia de alquiler

Anaheim proporcionará casi $20 millones en asistencia a las familias que luchan con deuda de alquiler debido a la crisis del coronavirus.

En la segunda fase del Programa de Asistencia de Alquiler de Emergencia de Anaheim, aprobado por el Martes del Concejo Municipal, los inquilinos afectados por COVID-19 pueden obtener ayuda para pagar todo su alquiler no pagado del año pasado.

"Esta asistencia levantará una enorme carga de los hombros de muchas familias de Anaheim", dijo el alcalde Harry Sidhu. “ya hemos ayudado a muchos, pero hay más necesidad. Al tomar nuestros fondos federales y estatales y crear un programa de asistencia de alquiler administrado localmente, podremos proporcionar rápidamente ayuda directa a nuestros residentes de Anaheim que están sufriendo, tanto inquilinos como propietarios."

Anaheim ayudó a 735 familias con hasta $2,100 en asistencia en la primera fase del Programa de Asistencia de Alquiler de Emergencia, aprobado por el Concejo Municipal en mayo como parte de la Comunidad de Anaheim de $36 millones y el Plan de Recuperación Económica.

En la segunda fase del programa, la ciudad pagará el 80 por ciento del alquiler adeudado, mientras que los propietarios acuerdan perdonar el 20 por ciento restante, de acuerdo con el programa de protección contra el desalojo del estado.

E incluso si un propietario decide no participar en el programa, su inquilino puede todavía obtener el 25 por ciento de su alquiler debido.

No hay límite para la cantidad de asistencia que cada hogar puede recibir. La ciudad dará prioridad a los hogares que tienen menos del 50 por ciento de los ingresos medios del área y a los que están desempleados.

Aquellos que recibieron asistencia en la primera fase del programa pueden volver a solicitar ayuda adicional.

El programa se financia a través de fondos estatales y federales asignados directamente a Anaheim para obtener ayuda de alquiler.

Las solicitudes se abrirán el 1 de marzo y se presentarán antes del 31 de marzo de 2021. Para obtener más información y solicitarlo, visite Anaheim.net/rentassistance.

Los residentes que necesitan asistencia adicional pueden llamar a la línea directa de la ciudad al (714) 765-4300 ext.

Para obtener actualizaciones periódicas sobre el coronavirus, visite Anaheim.net/coronavirus.

Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in Coronavirus News