Before you make your purchase, contact our Rebate Center and
reserve your rebate
right now or any time, online, or by phone.
This Door Hanger with water saving tips and instructions can be left at residences and businesses.
Anaheim City Council has implemented voluntary conservation measures and is encouraging all Anaheim consumers - residential, business and other customer classifications served by Anaheim Public Utilities - to help reduce water use in our community.
Water is Essential to Our Everyday Lives
Consider using drought tolerant turfgrass varieties such as Zoysia Victoria, Bermuda, and St. Augustine.
Install a “smart” irrigation timer/controller that can fully automate landscape watering based on weather and the actual water needs of your plants – and we’ll even help pay for it! To learn more
Install rotating nozzle sprinkler heads which water more slowly and uniformly to prevent over-watering using 20% less water. To learn more
Choose trees that shade and cool the house during summer, then shed their leaves to allow in sunlight during the winter. To learn more
Consider using “California Friendly” plants in your garden to reduce your outdoor water use. These plant species are low water users and easy to maintain. To learn more
Install artificial turf which feels and looks like real grass, but without all the maintenance and water use. Artificial turf is durable, safe, keeps your lawn looking green and well manicured all year long, and requires no mowing, watering or chemicals. To learn more
- Clean sidewalks and driveways with a broom instead of a hose to save up to 150 gallons each time.
- Water your lawn 1 to 2 days a week instead of 5 days a week to save up to 840 gallons per week.
- Water lawns early in the morning or evening to reduce evaporation to save up to 25 gallons each time.
- Install a smart sprinkler controller that adjusts watering based on weather, soil type, amount of shade and plant type to save up to 40 gallons per day.
- Repair broken sprinkler heads and correct overspray to save up to 500 gallons per month.
- Use mulch around plants to reduce evaporation and save hundreds of gallons a year.
Our supplies are limited…so please use water wisely. Cutting water use inside and outside our homes is important. If each of us changed our water-use habits, we could save billions of gallons of water.