|How do I challenge a parking ticket?
- If you wish to challenge a City of Anaheim parking violation, you must:
- Notify the Department that issued the violation by mail, telephone, or in person, with a plea including an explanation of the reason for challenging the parking violation. The law mandates this must be done within 21 calendar days of the date of the "Notice Of Parking Violation" or within 14 calendar days of the date the "Delinquent Notice of Parking Violation" was mailed.
If you do not respond within the time limits indicated above, you will not be able to challenge the parking violation and must pay the penalty with no other resources available to you. (Reference California Vehicle Code Section 40205)
The results of this initial review will be mailed to you.
- If you are not satisfied with the results of the initial review, you must:
- Within 21 calendar days of the date of the results of the initial review were mailed, request an Administrative Review Hearing before the Hearing Officer by depositing the amount of the penalty with the:
City of Anaheim Collections Department
201 S. Anaheim Blvd. Suite 101
Anaheim, California 92805
This may be done in person or by mail. The Administrative Review Hearing will take place at Anaheim Police Department, media room, 425 S. Harbor Blvd. Anaheim, Ca. 92805.
If you do not request an Administrative Review Hearing within 21 days of the date the Initial Review was mailed, the results of the initial review become final. (Reference California Vehicle Code Section 40215)
- If you are not satisfied with the results of the Administrative Review Hearing, you must:
- Within 30 calendar days of the date the Administrative Review Hearing Deposition Form was mailed or presented to you, seek a review by filing a "Notice to Appeal" to the Superior Court of California, County of Orange, North Justice System.
COURT: Superior Court of California, County of Orange
North Justice Center, Civil/Small Claims
1275 N. Berkley Avenue
PO Box 5000
Fullerton, Ca. 92635-0097
- You must serve a copy of the "Notice to Appeal" in person or by first class mail, upon the issuing agency.
If a "Notice to Appeal" is not filed within 30 calendar days of the date of the Administrative Review Hearing Deposition was mailed or presented to you, the results of the Administrative Review Hearing becomes final. (reference California Vehicle Code Section 40230)
For further information or other inquires contact the Anaheim Police Department Traffic Bureau at (714) 765-1860.
You can download the request for initial review form. Click Here to download the form.
Print out and fill out THREE (3) copies of the form.
One will go to the processor, one to the issuing department and one is for your records.
Mail all THREE completed copies to:
City of Anaheim
P.O. Box 61039
Anaheim, CA 92803