|The Fire Investigation Section is responsible for investigating and determining the cause and origin of suspicious fires involving death or injury, and fires of undetermined origin.
Other duties include:
- Performing and assisting with environmental crime investigations as needed.
- Collecting and maintaining all evidence.
- Conducting and documenting interviews with witnesses and/or suspects.
- Arresting suspects and filing criminal charges as required with District Attorney's office.
- Writing/filing investigation reports.
This section employs one Arson Coordinator and three investigators.