Your current business equipment and process could be eating up profits; newer, energy-efficient equipment could boost your bottom line with increased productivity and lower energy bills. Anaheim Public Utilities Customized Energy Incentives can help you pay for these energy-efficient upgrades. Incentives are based on kW demand or kWh reduced, and vary according to the measure implemented (see rebate chart below). In addition to cash incentives, the program includes a feasibility study to analyze your equipment and processes and determine if upgrades could save you money.
Rebates are based on $.075 per kWh of annualized savings or $200 per kW reduced (whichever is greater), and are limited to $50,000 or 50% of labor and material costs (whichever is the lesser).
How the Program Works
1. Anaheim Public Utilities may perform or elect to fund an on-site study, including an analysis of all major equipment and selected processes, that have a reasonable expectation of yielding significant savings.
2. Following the on-site study, a report will be prepared for you, noting possible energy-efficiency upgrade(s), an energy cost evaluation based on proposed savings, estimated installation costs, incentive amounts and more.
3. Equipment must be purchased within 60 days of approval.
4. Work must be completed within 60 days of starting. Once it is completed, an Anaheim Public Utilities representative will come to your site to verify the improvements.
5. You’ll receive your incentive check within 6 weeks of the post-installation inspection and our receipt of a copy of your paid itemized invoice.
Measures Covered Under Energy Efficiency Incentives
Click here to see table
$75 - 300 per ton or Click here to see table
Other unspecified measures
$200/kW of reduced demand or $0.075 per annualized kWh saved
All participants must be Anaheim Public Utilities commercial, industrial or institutional electric customers. Also, before energy-efficient upgrades are made, a study may be required:
- Approval must be obtained from Anaheim Public Utilities prior to installation to qualify for a rebate.
- Equipment installations must commence within 60 days of Public Utilities approval and must be completed within the following 60 day period.
- Finally, an inspection of all energy-efficient improvements must be conducted prior to issuing the incentive check.
By enrolling in this program, your company will be saving money, because we provide funds to help you install or upgrade to energy-efficient measures and processes. This will help to reduce your electric use, which in turn will reduce your bill. On average our customers witness savings of 10% to 30%. When necessary, we may conduct or fund a demand-and-energy-impact-assessment, analyze any potential energy-efficient upgrades, and perform a cost analysis. However, please note that feasibility studies are limited to a maximum of $15,000 per project.
How to Sign Up
To sign up for this program call Anaheim Public Utilities at 714.765.4259 during regular business hours (8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday through Friday), or fill out the form below. You may also e-mail your questions directly to our program representative.
|Complete and submit the following form. A representative will call you within a week of receipt. |