Receive free high pressure sodium (HPS) or fluorescent lights with photo sensors that automatically turn lights on at dusk and off at dawn. A 70-watt HPS light has a 24,000-hour life span (compared to a 1,000-hour life span for an incandescent bulb) and can last up to six years before needing to be replaced. For large facilities, the long life span of the HPS lights can significantly reduce maintenance costs. The high-efficiency bulbs also use up to 70 percent less energy than standard 300-watt incandescent bulbs, while providing a similar level of light output.
How the Program Works
1. Contact us at 714.939.9020 to schedule an appointment.
2. We will perform a customized lighting survey to determine types, quantity and placement of fixtures needed at your site. There is no prescribed limit on quantities; lighting needs will determine how many fixtures will be given.
3. When fixtures are received, you will be asked to sign an agreement noting the terms of the program. (See program criteria.)
4. You will have 30 days to install your lights. We recommend using a licensed electrician.
5. Approximately 30 days after receiving your lights, our representative will conduct an inspection to confirm installation.
1. Participants must be Anaheim Public Utilities electric customers with current and non-delinquent accounts.
2. Lights must be new installations for multi-family, commercial, industrial, or institutional customers.
3. Lights must be installed within the 30-days period.
4. Lights must be on all hours of darkness as regulated by the photocell, and must be maintained and used for five years from installation.
5. Participant must be the owner or legal representative of the property receiving the light fixture.
6. Customer must permit inspection of the installed fixture(s) by an Anaheim Public Utilities representative.
For more information, call us at 714.939.9020, during regular business hours (8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday through Friday). You may also e-mail your questions directly to our program representative.
(Subject to available funding.)