One way to quickly reduce your energy costs is to switch your exit signs from incandescent or fluorescent lamps to a more efficient lighting technology such as light emitting diode (LED) bulbs or photoluminescent (glow-in-the-dark) exit signs. These technologies save up to 90 percent or more over conventional incandescent exit signs.
Who Can Benefit
This program is an ideal option for any Anaheim Public Utilities customers with multiple exit sign lights, including:
- Commercial establishments
- Office buildings
- Retail establishments
How the Program Works
- We provide an on-site evaluation of your existing exit lighting signs, including a retrofit evaluation, an estimated installation cost, and an estimated incentive amount. Incentives are 50 percent of the installed cost or $30 per fixture, whichever is less, up to a maximum of $10,000 per project.
- Our representative will assist you in completing the necessary documents.
- Installations must begin within 60 days of approval and be completed within the following 60 days.
- Once completed, our representative will come to your site to verify the improvements.
- You will receive your incentive check within 6 weeks of the post-installation inspection and our receipt of a copy of your paid itemized invoice.
Savings Achieved by Converting to LED Lighting Technology
| || |
Energy Savings On Incandescent Lamps
(based on 15 total watts)
5 Exit Signs
50 Exit Signs
100 Exit Signs
One-time Incentive Amount
1. 8,740 annual operating hours for old and new exit lighting system.
2. Two watts to operate LED lighting.
3. $0.16 composite kWh cost used for purposes of this illustration; your average energy cost may vary.
For more information, call 714.765.4259, or fill out the form below. You may also e-mail your questions directly to our program representative.
(Subject to available funding.)