Did you know that changing standard T12 fluorescent lamps to T8 fluorescent lamps with electronic ballasts can save up to 10% to 15% on your electric bill each month? Similar savings may be achieved when converting an HID system to either a T8 or T5 LED lighting system.
Changing your light bulbs to more efficient models is quick and easy. We even provide financial incentives to reduce the cost of making the switch! Incentives are $.075 per kWh of reduced lighting energy use or $200 per kW of reduced on peak demand up to $50,000 per project or 50% of labor and materials whichever is less.
How the Program Works
1. You may choose to submit a third party proposal for your lighting project at any time. The Department will review the proposal or may, with the customer’s approval, conduct a free on-site lighting audit, including an analysis of your existing lighting system - and proposed lighting-efficiency upgrades, an energy cost evaluation, and estimations of your installation costs, incentive amount, and more.
2. Based on the customer’s approved third-party lighting proposal or the Department’s audit findings, you determine what lighting improvements to make and select the vendor of your choice.
3. Before beginning improvements, request a pre-inspection of existing lighting to be replaced. Lighting installations must begin within 60 days of approval and be completed within the following 60 days.
4. After installation, our representative will come to your site to verify the improvements.
5. You will receive your incentive check within 6 weeks of the post-construction inspection and our receipt of a copy of your paid itemized invoice.