In partnership with Anaheim’s Community Services Department, we offer free shade trees and arboricultural expertise to Anaheim commercial electric customers with small- and medium-scaled structures. Eligible commercial sites include hotels, motels, mini-malls, offices and retail locations.
Your Free Trees Can
1. Add natural beauty to your business and community.
2. Reduce air conditioning use by 10 to 40 percent.
3. Reduce the amount of water needed for landscape irrigation by 30 to 50 percent.
4. Improve air quality by continually releasing oxygen.
5. Make summer air feel cooler by releasing water vapor.
6. Prevent concrete, glass and asphalt from retaining heat and raising summer temperatures up to eight degrees higher.
How the Program Works
1. Contact us by phone or through our Web site.
2. A TreePower representative will meet you at your site to determine eligibility.
3. Our representative will recommend the best types of trees and locations for maximum shade and minimal pruning, and provide planting and maintenance recommendations.
4. You will be asked to sign a planting agreement.
5. We will arrange to deliver your trees during business hours. Trees in 15-gallon containers are supplied by local nurseries.
Additional Program Criteria
1. The property manager/owner must implement an appropriate irrigation regimen to assure tree health and longevity.
2. For two months after planting, commercial tenants are asked to display TreePower Program information for the benefit of retail customers and local residents.
The TreePower Program also provides trees for schools, non-profit organizations, public lands and residential customers.
For more information, call 714.491-TREE or e-mail our TreePower Representative
(Subject to available funding.)
Complete and submit the following form. A TreePower representative will call you within 10 days.