One of the most exciting possibilities that is available to you once you receive a smart meter is that you can view your daily and hourly electric usage online. Here’s how to get started:
- Go to www.anaheim.net/utilities
- Toward the upper left of the page, login to ‘PAY YOUR BILL ONLINE & View Home Energy Use’ with your User ID and Password
- On the right side of the Welcome screen, click the ‘My Energy Use’ button
- At the top of the page that opens, click the ‘My Energy Use’ tab.
- On the ‘My usage details’ sub-tab, you should see a drop down box that allows you to view a graph of your electric usage by bill or by year. Choose ‘by bill.’ If the dropdown box is not displayed, it’s most likely because your smart meter was just recently installed and hasn’t yet captured enough data to produce a meaningful report.
- Hover your cursor over the line graph to see your electric usage on different days during the selected billing period. To view hourly data, click on the ‘View each hour’ link.
- Log back into the site regularly to see how the graph changes based on how you use electricity in your home.