Small Business Assistance
Small Businesses are vital to the economic stability of the City of Anaheim. However, Small Businesses rarely have access to the many resources needed to remain competitive in their respective industries.
The City has taken a proactive approach to supporting small and midsize businesses by implementing the Small Business Assistance Center. The Center's goal is to help businesses implement aggressive development strategies and cost-effective regulatory compliance programs.
By tailoring services to address the special financial and personnel limitations of its small business clientele, the Program provides businesses easy access to technical and professional expertise, and in doing so, strengthens their "bottom line."
Free services for small businesses
- Business Development Services : Workshops (such as business planning, access to capital, marketing, taxes, and human resources) are offered to the local business community for a nominal fee by the Orange County Small Business Development Center (OCSBDC). For upcoming workshops, call the OCSBDC (714) 564-5200 or click here for workshop schedule.
- Individual Consultation Services: For businesses that need more detailed information than covered in the workshops and seminars, one-on-one consultation with technical and professional experts is available. Individualized consultations are available by appointment each Tuesday in the offices of the Anaheim Workforce Center, located at 50 S. Anaheim Blvd, Suite 300. For an appointment, call (714) 564-5200.
- Workforce Center: Offers such services as pre-screened job candidates, labor market information, training incentives for new hires, applicant database, Internet links to the Small Business Administration and other sites of interest, and MUCH MORE. For more information, click on the link in the menu to the left, or click here.
- Energy & Water Surveys: On-site surveys for commercial and industrial customers to analyze energy and water use and rates are offered by the Anaheim Public Utilities.
- Lighting Incentives: Analysis of lighting levels and energy use, along with recommendations and financial incentives to improve efficiency, are provided by the Anaheim Public Utilities.
- Energy Efficiency Incentives: Customized incentives for installation of various energy-efficiency equipment are available through the Anaheim Public Utilities.
What's the first step?
For more information on the Small Business Assistance Program, contact Economic Development at (714) 765-4323.