Why use Twitter to contact 311?
What is Twitter?
- Sending direct messages to Anaheim311 from your mobile phone is yet another way to reach City Hall.
- Not only can you send Anaheim311 requests or questions while you are on the go, you can also receive responses via text message once you have signed up to receive updates to your mobile phone (under account settings on twitter.com)
New to Twitter, sign up for a Twitter account here What types of service requests or questions can I report to 311 using Twitter?
- Twitter is a free social media tool that allows users to send and receive messages of up to 140 characters via text message (SMS), the website or other third party applications. People user twitter to keep in touch with family and friends, and to communicate important information.
Will my information be kept private?
- Most City service requests offered online or via phone can be sent to Anaheim311 using Twitter. Below are sample messages, please be sure to be direct when sending messages.
d Anaheim311 Graffiti at 200 S Anaheim Blvd, on the corner of Lincoln and Promenade, blue graffiti on block wall.
d Anaheim311 There is graffiti on the corner of Katella Ave and State College Blvd on the west side of the vacant commercial building.
d Anaheim311 201 S Anaheim Blvd, city tree on southwest corner of building needs to be trimmed.
d Anaheim311 200 S Anaheim Blvd, resident has broken sprinkler head that has been leaking into the street since last week.
d Anaheim311 Possible abandoned car in front of 201 S Anaheim Blvd. 4 door blue sedan. Plate# 1254567.
d Anaheim311 What is the phone number for the Central Library?
d Anaheim311 North side between Lincoln and Broadway. There is sand in the street and gutter that is not being picked up by the street sweeper.
How do I send a message and make it private or public?
- Twitter is an open forum, however to keep your messages private you may send a“direct message” to Anaheim311. Requests sent as a direct message will not appear on Anaheim311’s Twitter page. Any requests sent to the City will be viewed internally in order to respond to your request. If may also be subject to disclosure in accordance with the California Public Records Act. If we do have to make your request public in order to comply with the Act, then any of your information (twitter Id, name, etc) will be removed from the service request before we do so.
How do I add my cell phone to receive text messages from Twitter?
- You can send a direct message to Anaheim311 using the direct message command: d +username, for example d anaheim311
Just add d anaheim311 before the message to make it a Direct (private) Message
**Please note that in order to communicate on Twitter using Direct Messages, BOTH users must be following each other. Click Follow Anaheim311 above to get started.
In order to get a live person to respond, what time do I have to send my inquiry to Anaheim311?
- Add your cell phone to your account in your Twitter settings. Once you've added your phone to Twitter, just send the verification code in a text message to the Twitter phone number assigned to you in your settings page.
Can I attach photos or links to my Twitter messages?
- Anaheim311 is available M-F 7:00am -5:30pm. You can contact us by dialing 3-1-1, or visiting our website (http://www.anaheim.net/section.asp?id=210) or sending us a Direct message on Twitter.
- **Please note that the amount of time it takes for Anaheim311 to receive the tweet will vary based on the response of the Twitter network.
Do I have to use a smart phone to send a message to Anaheim311?
- Yes you can. Several third party Twitter clients have built-in features of link shortening and picture attachment. These features are really helpful because it helps us identify the exact location that is being reported.
Anything else I should know about sending messages to Anaheim311?
- No. Any phone that can send and receive text messages can use Twitter. You can send a text message to 40404 as long as your phone is associated with your Twitter account.
- When logged into Twitter, go to “Settings”, then “Devices” and add your cell phone number.
The same rule applies to text messaging (d anaheim311) for private messages and (@anaheim311) for public ones
- No. We ask that you be as specific as possible as to the information you’re requesting or the problem and location you would like to report so we can answer your question or submit your request with your first tweet.
- Keep in mind that there is a 140 character limit on Twitter updates. If your update is longer than that, the full update will post to the web where it can be viewed in its entirety. The truncated version will still be sent: only the first 140 characters will go to phones.
- We will respond to your request using the same method that you select (public or private). Please report any potentially sensitive or confidential issues using the Direct message method only.
Call Center Hours
Monday through Friday
7:00 AM to 5:30 PM