Power Outage Safety
If you are outside and power is interrupted (or lost), remember to exercise extreme caution around any downed power lines. Never touch or approach the wires or utility pole – report any down wires immediately to emergency personnel. If you do come across downed power lines, make sure to follow these steps:
1. Stay inside until help arrives.
2. Do not grab or lean against vehicles, poles or other objects in the vicinity of the power lines.
3. Take small shuffle steps away from the area with your feet and legs close together.
4. Do not touch anyone or any other object until you are well away from the scene. For more information
Anaheim Public Utilities does not endorse or pre-approve any solar contractors or their qualifications for the solar rebate program; any such representation by a solar contractor is FALSE. It is important for every customer considering a solar contractor to thoroughly investigate that contractor's credentials.
Mylar balloons can cause serious problems when they come into contact with power lines. Keep them weighted down and dispose of them properly after they deflate!
ALERT - On August 12, 2014, the Anaheim City Council approved five mandatory water conservation measures, pursuant to the State Water Resources Control Board’s emergency drought regulations. Learn more...
Sign up - for real time updates on potential power outages
Anaheim’s drinking water is safe to drink and its quality exceeds all federal, state and local standards. However, independent contractors have been making inaccurate and misleading statements about the quality of the City of Anaheim’s tap water. Anaheim conducts tests weekly throughout the city and is legally obligated by the California Department of Public Health to officially notify customers if conditions were to warrant a concern. To learn more about Anaheim’s water quality, learn more...
- Customers are being cautioned regarding a recent scam involving individuals posing as Anaheim Public Utilities employees threatening to interrupt the electric and/or water services, and demanding payments on accounts over the phone. Please do not provide personal financial information to these unsolicited phone call, learn more...
Protect yourself from fraud.
California Governor Brown officially declared a drought emergency and is asking citizens to voluntarily cut water usage by 20 percent, we want you to know that Anaheim has adequate water supplies for calendar year 2014, and into 2015--thanks to advanced planning and capital investments made in response to previous dry years. We always encourage conservation, and invite you to learn more about our programs and ways to save, learn more...