This is a non-federal entity. It is not a part of the Department of Defense or any of its components and it has no governmental status.
To learn more about the latest news and activities,
click on the newsletter button on the left
or visit the 13th MEU on Facebook at
Sylvania Holiday Lighting Ceremony
U.S. Marine Gunnery Sgt. Derrick Poteat's Family from the 13th MEU along with the Anaheim 13th Marine Expeditionary Unit Adoption Committee at Disneyland's Holiday Lighting Ceremony on November 14, 2011.
13th MEU Homecoming
September 29, 2011
Thank you to everyone that welcomed home over 2300
Marines and Sailors from the 13th MEU after seven months at sea
To read the story on the OC Register, please click here.
To learn more about how you can support the Anaheim 13th MEU Adoption Committee, please click on the DONATIONS button on the left.
On February 22, 2011 more than 2,500 Marines and sailors with the 13th MEU left Naval Base San Diego aboard the USS Boxer, USS Green Bay and USS Comstock for their 2011 western Pacific deployment.
To learn more about how you can support the families during the deployment of their loved one, click on the donations button on the left.
History and Background
- On October, 9 2007, the Anaheim City Council formally adopted the 13th MEU, stationed out of Camp Pendleton, in order to show support for the military personnel and their families. This ceremony will honor the traditions and history of the 13th MEU, including a performance by the Marine Corps Air Station Miramar band and the Presentation of Colors by the 13th MEU Color Guard.
- The mission of the Marine adoption program is to support a United States Marine Corps (USMC) unit and their families on an ongoing basis, both when the unit is at home and deployed. In return, the USMC will provide community support by participating in local school programs and various city functions. The goal is to encourage mutually beneficial interaction between the community and military personnel.
- Comprised of approximately 2,200 Marines and Sailors stationed at Camp Pendleton and Marine Corps Air Station Miramar, California, the 13th MEU supports a variety of operations in the Global War on Terrorism.
- On March 29, 2008, the City of Anaheim, the Adoption Committee and the 13th MEU celebrated this partnership with a formal adoption ceremony. The ceremony honored the traditions and history of the 13th MEU, including a performance by the Marine Corps Air Station Miramar band and the Presentation of Colors by the 13th MEU Color Guard. To view the entire ceremony, please click here.
- In 2008, the 13th MEU Adoption Committee established a Board to provide leadership and guidance with ongoing and future activities to support the families of the 13th MEU.
Anaheim Adoption Committee Board Members:
Carolyn Thomas Walters - Chair
Debbie Boulanger - Vice Chair/Secretary
Robert Garoutte - Treasurer
Jerry Zomorodian - Board Member, All American Petroleum Corporation-President
Greg Garcia, City of Anaheim - Board Member, Deputy City Manager
Sally Feldhaus - Board Member, Community Leader
Diane Killeen - Board Member, Disneyland Resort
Richard Farace - Board Member, Business Management Consultant
Doreen Job - Board Member, Community Member
Additional Committee Members:
Dale and Ruby Parry
Teri Murphy Fernandez
To learn more about joining the 13th MEU Adoption Committee or how you can support the 13th MEU please click here.
Donations & Sponsors
There are many opportunities to get involved and donate to the 13th MEU Adoption Committee.
The Committee provides a variety of items to the Marines and Sailors and their families, ranging from baby gift baskets for expectant mothers, welcome home bags for deployed Marines and Sailors, furniture, food and other items that support the families. The Committee encourages any and all donations, whether you would like to donate baby items to create a baby gift basket, monetary donations, cookies, visit an injured Marine or write a letter to a Marine, all donations are welcomed. If you would like to volunteer your time at an upcoming event, the Committee welcomes your support. To learn more about upcoming events, please click on Newsletter to the left.
If you would like to learn more about donating your time or items, please feel free to call (714) 637-5575 or (714) 765-4925.
Additional Donation Info:
For a list of desired baby basket items, please click here.
For a list of desired welcome home bag items, please click here.
All funds go towards supporting the Marines and Sailors of the 13th Marine Expeditionary Unit and their families.
Donations can be mailed to:
Anaheim 13th MEU Adoption Committee
154 Jerrilee Lane
Anaheim, CA 92807
Charity Tax ID #80-0153575
Financial information available upon written request.
The 13th MEU is supported by private donors from local residents, businesses, and organizations supporting the Anaheim military community.
Sponsors benefits are far-reaching. As a sponsor, your company will be featured in numerous community and promotional opportunities, and will be listed alongside recognized business partners that enrich the lives of the 13th Marine Expeditionary Unit Marines, Sailors and families. If you prefer to contribute with an in-kind donation, we would be happy to discuss this opportunity as well. Sponsorship recognition can be tailored to suit any level of giving.
If you would like to become a sponsor of the 13th MEU please provide your contact information below, or contact us at (714) 765-5162.
Our Corporate Sponsors:
We thank you for your support toward our Anaheim military personnel.