The City of Anaheim is committed to maintaining the quality of life for residents and businesses by promoting a clean and safe environment. If you have unused or expired medication, please do not flush it down the toilet or throw it in the drain.
How Do I Properly Dispose Medications?
All prescription and over-the-counter (OTC) drugs require proper disposal. Unused or expired medication should be disposed of at the
Household Hazardous Waste Collection
1071 North Blue Gum Street, Anaheim, CA 92806
You may also dispose of medications by following these steps:
1. Remove your medication from the original container.
2. Mix the medication with an undesirable substance such as cat litter or used coffee grounds.
3. Place the mixture into a disposal container with a lid such as an empty margarine tub or into a sealable bag.
4. Conceal or remove your personal information, including the Rx number, on the empty containers by covering it with a black permanent marker or by scratching it off.
5. Place the sealed container with the mixture and the empty medication containers in your trash container.
For additional information, please call
(714) 834-4000 or visit www.oclandfills.com.