The BigBelly's are here!
Solar Powered Waste & Recycling Systems
The City of Anaheim purchased BigBelly solar-powered trash and recycling compactor units that have been strategically placed throughout the City. The use of the units will decrease the amount of litter and debris in parking lots, parkways, gutters, and storm drains; thereby preserving landfill capacity and protecting the environment. The units were purchased with funding supported by the County of Orange.
Highlights of the solar trash compactor units include:
- Solar power that will store enough energy to operate for four to five weeks with no sun
- Graphics to attract children and adults to use the units
- Automatic text messaging to Public Works Operations when the unit is full
- Reduces trash volume by approximately 5:1 compaction ratio
- Visible demonstration of green technology
- Graffiti resistant coating