Mayor and two (2) Council Member Seats
The term of office is a 4-year term.
To be eligible to run for the Office Council Member, a candidate must be:
- A citizen of the United States.
- At least 18-years of age.
- A resident of the City of Anaheim, at least 30 days immediately preceding the last day for filing of nomination papers.
- A registered voter in the City of Anaheim.
$25 City of Anaheim filing fee, payable to the City on day nomination papers are filed with City Clerk. (AMC 1.12.090)
The nomination period begins Monday, July 14, 2014 and ends Friday, August 8, 2014 at 5:00 P.M. If an incumbent who is eligible to run does not file, the deadline will be extended to Wednesday, August 13, 2014 at 5:00 P.M.
Nomination papers will be available in the Office of the City Clerk beginning Monday, July 14, 2014. A representative of the candidate may pick up papers on behalf of the candidate and provide to the City Clerk the name, home address, telephone number and e-mail address of the candidate. Appointments are recommended, but not required. To schedule an appointment, please call (714) 765-5166.
Each candidate shall submit nomination papers with no less than twenty (20) and no more than (30) signatures of Anaheim registered voters. Signatures will be verified. A candidate with less than 20 verified signatures will be disqualified.
All completed nomination papers must be submitted at the same time to the City Clerk, by the filing deadline. Incomplete nomination papers will not be accepted.
CANDIDATE’S STATEMENT OF QUALIFICATIONS
Each candidate may prepare a Statement of Qualification (up to 200 words) on a form provided by the City Clerk for inclusion in the sample ballot which is mailed to voters prior to the November 4, 2014 election. Candidate Statements must be filed with the Nomination Papers in the Office of the City Clerk by 5:00 P.M. on Friday, August 8, 2014. A Candidate Statement cannot be changed after it is filed, but it may be withdrawn up until 5 p.m. on Monday, August 11, 2014.
CANDIDATE’S BALLOT DESIGNATION WORKSHEET
1) Each candidate may designate a profession, occupation or vocation on a Ballot Designation Worksheet provided by the City Clerk. Such designation will appear on the ballot with the candidate’s name and will be included in the sample ballot which is mailed to voters. No more than three words can be used to designate either the current principal profession, vocation or occupation of the candidate, or the profession, vocation or occupation of the candidate during the calendar year immediately preceding the filing of nomination documents,
2) Words designating the elective office the candidate holds at the time of filing the nomination papers to which he/she was elected by the vote of the people.
The Ballot Designation Worksheet must be filed with the Nomination Papers in the Office of the City Clerk by 5:00 P.M. on Friday, August 8, 2014.
STATEMENT OF ECONOMIC INTERESTS
Each candidate will be given FPPC Form 700, Statement of Economic Interests, with the nomination documents. The candidate must disclose investments and interests in real property held on the date of filing, and income received during the 12 months prior to the date of filing. Form 700 must be filed with the Nomination Papers in the Office of the City Clerk no later than Friday, August 8, 2014 at 5:00 P.M.