Community Services Board
The Community Services Board is appointed by and acts as an advisory body to the City Council in matters pertaining to the social service needs of the citizens of the City.
The City Council may appoint one or more emeritus members to serve at the pleasure of the Council (AMC 1.04.850). Emeritus members shall have all rights and privileges as Board members, with the exception of voting rights and shall not be counted for purposes of determining a quorum.
- Hold public meetings/public hearings to receive input regarding social services from citizens and from other governmental and private nonprofit organizations providing social services within the City.
- Recommend methods to coordinate social service programs provided by the City, other governmental agencies, and private nonprofit organizations.
- Recommend methods to match social service needs with the available resources.
- Recommend methods to avoid duplication of social services provided.
- Perform such additional duties and functions as may be required from time to time by specific action and direction of the City Council.
11 member commission. All members shall be qualified electors of the City. Members shall not hold any paid office or employment in the City government.
None (See AMC 1.04.840 for additional information)
Two consecutive 4-year terms. May not concurrently serve on two or more City boards and commissions.
2nd Thursday of each month at 5:30 p.m. (CHE, Council Chambers)
Scheduled and unscheduled vacancies are advertised by the City Clerk. Applicants must complete and submit their application to the City Clerk (online at www.anaheim.net or at 200 S. Anaheim Blvd., Suite 217). Applications will be forwarded to Council for their consideration. At an agendized Council meeting, nominations are made from the Council floor and voted on by Council.
Anaheim Municipal Code 1.04.800; Ordinance Nos. 3604, 5258, 5774 (25, 26), 5862 (1) [5851 & 6066]; bylaws on file.