Cultural and Heritage Commission
The Cultural & Heritage Commission is appointed by and acts as an advisory body to the City Council on matters concerning the arts, culture and historic preservation and heritage.
• Develop prioritized strategies providing recommendations to Council related to the implementation of the Cultural Arts Plan.
• Oversee the City's cultural and historical assets.
• Facilitate cooperative efforts of private individuals, community organizations and business that promote and enhance the cultural and historic environment of the City.
• Develop recommendations concerning the allocation of City resources, as available, for the support of cultural and historic art, events and programs within the City.
• Develop mechanisms for the solicitation and public input in the process of selection of works of art and their placement, when appropriate.
• Recommend for City Council a set of goals and annual objects that will serve the visual, performing, literary and multi-media arts.
• Perform other related duties as outlined in the Municipal Code and such additional duties and functions as may be required from time to time by specific action and direction of the City Council.
7 member commission. All members shall be residents of the City; shall not hold any paid office or employment in the City government; and shall not be an officer or board member on any Anaheim-based arts or cultural organization.
Two consecutive 4-year terms. May not concurrently serve on two or more City boards and commissions.
3rd Thursday of each month at 6:30PM (Downtown Community Center)
Scheduled and unscheduled vacancies are advertised by the City Clerk. Applicants must complete and submit their application to the City Clerk (online at www.anaheim.net or at 200 S. Anaheim Blvd., Suite 217). Applications will be forwarded to Council for their consideration. At an agendized Council meeting, nominations are made from the Council floor and voted on by Council.
Anaheim Municipal Code Title 1.04.450; Ordinance No. 5892 [5851 & 6066].
For more information regarding this commission please visit the Cultural & Heritage Commission homepage