Housing and Community Development Commission
The Housing & Community Development Commission is comprised of four Neighborhood Councils that are appointed by the City Council. The Commission acts as an advisory body to the City Council and assists in soliciting citizen participation relating to community development efforts and uses of HUD funds within each respective neighborhood council area.
- Conduct and carry out the functions as are prescribed by the Housing Authorities Law (commencing with Section 34100 of the California Health and Safety Code).
- Perform functions prescribed in the City’s Citizen Participation Plan, which includes:
- Review funding requests and submit CDBG, ESG and HOME funding recommendations to the City Council.
- Hold required public hearings, in accordance with HUD requirements.
- Perform such additional duties and functions as may be required from time to time by specific action and direction of the City Council.
- 7 member commission.
- All members shall be qualified electors of the City and shall not hold any paid office or employment in the City government. Appointed as follows: 3 at-large; 1 member appointed to each of the following Neighborhood Council for - West Anaheim, East Anaheim, Central Anaheim & South Anaheim; (2 of the the 7 members shall be tenant members).
$50.00 per meeting.
Two consecutive 4-year terms. May not concurrently serve on two or more City boards and commissions.
Members are required to complete and file, with the City Clerk, an annual Statement of Economic Interest, Form 700.
1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month at 5:00 p.m. (AWT, 201 S. Anaheim Blvd, 10th Floor)
Scheduled and unscheduled vacancies are advertised by the City Clerk. Applicants must complete and submit their application to the City Clerk (online at www.anaheim.net or at 200 S. Anaheim Blvd., Suite 217). Applications will be forwarded to Council for their consideration. At an agendized Council meeting, nominations are made from the Council floor and voted on by Council.
Anaheim Municipal Code §1.04.500; Housing Authorities Law (Health & Safety Code, Section 34100, et. seq.); Citizen Participation Plan; Ordinance No. 5890 [5851 and 6066].