The Library Board is appointed by and acts as an advisory body to the City Council concerning the operation and conduct of City libraries.
- Recommend to the City Council rules and regulations and by-laws for the administration and protection of City libraries.
- Make recommendations concerning the acquisition of library materials as well as the borrowing, lending and/or exchanging of library materials.
- Recommendations concerning the purchase or lease of real property and the rental or provision for adequate buildings or rooms for library purposes.
- Review the annual library budget and make recommendations accordingly; within 60-days after the close of each fiscal year, report library conditions to the City Council.
- Perform other related duties as outlined in the Municipal Code and such additional duties and functions as may be required from time to time by specific action and direction of the City Council.
5 member commission. All members shall be qualified electors of the City. Members shall not hold any paid office or employment in the City government. Council may appoint one or more emeritus member (AMC1.04.750)
Two consecutive 4-year terms. May not concurrently serve on two or more City boards and commissions.
2nd Monday of each month at 6:30 p.m. (Main Library, 500 W. Broadway, Board Conf. Room)
Scheduled and unscheduled vacancies are advertised by the City Clerk. Applicants must complete and submit their application to the City Clerk (online at www.anaheim.net or at 200 S. Anaheim Blvd., Suite 217). Applications will be forwarded to Council for their consideration. At an agendized Council meeting, nominations are made from the Council floor and voted on by Council.
Anaheim City Charter §908; AMC 1.04.750 &.760; Ordinance Nos. 4632, 5041 [Ordinance No. 5851 & 6066].