Park and Recreation Commission
The Park & Recreation Commission is appointed by and acts as an advisory body to the City Council and Director of Community Services in matters pertaining to advancement of sound park and recreation planning and programming.
- Recommend policies on recreation services, advise in the planning of parks and recreation programs and aid in coordinating recreation services with the programs of other agencies and voluntary organizations.
- Recommend policies for the acquisition, development and improvement of parks and playgrounds, including planting, care and removal of trees.
- Recommend the adoption of standards on areas, facilities, programs and financial support.
- Review annual budget of the Department and make recommendations accordingly.
- Perform such additional duties and functions as may be required from time to time by specific action and direction of the City Council.
7 member commission. All members shall be qualified electors of the City. Members shall not hold any paid office or employment in the City government. At least one member of the Parks and Recreation Commission shall be sixty years of age or older. Council may appoint up to seven ex-officio, non-voting members, each of whom shall be a member of the board of trustees of a separate public school district serving the City.
Two consecutive 4-year terms. May not concurrently serve on two or more City boards and commissions.
Every 4th Wednesday of each month at 5:30 p.m. (Brookhurst Community Center, 2271 W. Crescent Ave., Room C., Anaheim)
Scheduled and unscheduled vacancies are advertised by the City Clerk. Applicants must complete and submit their application to the City Clerk (online at www.anaheim.net or at 200 S. Anaheim Blvd., Suite 217). Applications will be forwarded to the City Council for their consideration. At an agendized Council meeting, nominations are made from the Council floor and voted on by Council.
Anaheim City Charter §907; Anaheim Municipal Code §13.04 (Ordinance Nos. 1300(§1), 3482(§1), 4145(§1), 5861(§1) [5851 and 6066], 6176(§2).