Public Utilities Board
The Public Utilities Board is appointed by the City Council and makes recommendations to the City Council concerning the operation of electric, water and other public utilities under the management of the Public Utilities Department.
- Make recommendations concerning the establishment of rates, rules and regulations for the operation of the electrical and water utilities of the City.
- Make recommendations concerning the acquisition, construction, improvement, extension, enlargement, diminution or curtailment of all or any part of the electric, water and any other public utilities under the operation and/or management of the Public Utilities Department.
- Recommend financing, including the issuance of bonds for the electric and water utilities.
- Review annual budget of the Department and make recommendations accordingly.
- Establish a Public Utilities Hearing Board composed of three current members of the Public Utilities Board.
- Perform other related duties as outlined in the Municipal Code and such additional duties and functions as may be required from time to time by specific action and direction of the City Council.
7 member commission. All members shall be qualified electors of the City. Members shall not hold any paid office or employment in the City government.
Two consecutive 4-year terms. May not concurrently serve on two or more City boards and commissions.
Members are required to complete and file, with the City Clerk, an annual Statement of Economic Interest, Form 700.
The 4th Wednesday of each month at 5:00 p.m. (CHW, 201 S. Anaheim Blvd, 11th Floor)
Scheduled and unscheduled vacancies are advertised by the City Clerk. Applicants must complete and submit their application to the City Clerk (online at www.anaheim.net or at 200 S. Anaheim Blvd., Suite 217). Applications will be forwarded to the City Council for their consideration. At an agendized Council meeting, nominations are made from the Council floor and voted on by Council.
Anaheim City Charter §§900; Municipal Code §1.04.700-730; Ordinance Nos. 3557(§1); 5397(§1); 5774(§24). [5851 and 6066].
For more information regarding this board please visit the Public Utilities Board homepage