Sister City Commission
The Sister City Commission is appointed by and acts as an advisory body to the city council and was created to expand the vision and goals of the Sister City program.
- Advise the City Council on matters concerning sister city relationships including the promotion of cultural/educational exchange and knowledge sharing.
- Recommend to the City Council by-laws, for City Council approval, which govern the Commissions own internal procedures.
- Make recommendations to the City Council of goals, objectives and programs to ensure the successful management of existing sister city relationships and ensure their success and effectiveness, as measured by City Council approved goals, strategies and programs.
- Develop recommendations regarding criteria for the establishment of new sister city relationships, including the creation of selection criteria that aim to match the City with suitable partners.
- Make recommendations to the City Council regarding the expenditure of funds that further the approved goals, strategies and programs.
- Perform such additional advisory functions as may be delegated or required by the City Council form time to time.
15 member commission. Each member shall be a resident of the City of Anaheim or other parties, including business owners, that a have a vested interest in Anaheim and the success of the sister city program; shall not hold any paid office or employment in the City government.
Two consecutive 3-year terms. May not concurrently serve on two or more City boards and commissions.
4th Monday of every month at 4:00PM (7th Floor, City Hall)
APPLICATION/ SELECTION PROCESS:
Scheduled and unscheduled vacancies are advertised by the City Clerk. Applicants must complete and submit their application to the City Clerk (online at www.anaheim.net or at 200 S. Anaheim Blvd., Suite 217). Applicants will be forwarded to Council for their consideration. At an agendized Council meeting, nominations are made from the Council floor and voted on by Council.
Anaheim Municipal Code Title 1.04.955; Ordinance No. 6157.