Home Residents Businesses Visitors Departments Online Services Quick Links Home
Conflict of Interest Forms - FAQ


General SEI Questions  |  For E-Filers  |  For Filing Officers






Q:        What is a Statement of Economic Interest, Form 700 (“SEI”)?


            A “SEI”, also known as a Conflict of Interest Statement, is a public document which public officials and certain designated city employees, including consultants and certain appointed board and commission members use to disclose certain financial interests, as required.



Q:        Why do I file an SEI?


            There are two types of filers: 1) 87200 filers whose positions are listed in Gov. Code Section 87200 and 2) designated officials who hold certain designated positions.  SEI maintains that filers perform their duties in an impartial manner, free from bias caused by their own financial interests.



Q:        Where are statements filed?


            Statements are-filed online via the City Clerk’s home page.  The requirement to file the original wet signature remains and is filed in the Office of the City Clerk.



Q:        What is the gift limit?


            The gift limit is $440* from any single source in calendar year 2014( http://www.fppc.ca.gov/index.php?id=31 )
*The gift limit has been increased to $460 during reporting period Jan 1, 2015 - Dec 31, 2016.



Q:        If a designated employee promotes or transfers, must they file an assuming/leaving office statement?


            Changing positions to a like designated position does not trigger a leaving and/or assuming office statement.  Continue filing annual statements.



Q:        When do I file an assuming office statement?


            Within 30 days from the date you assumed office.



Q:        When do I file a leaving office statement?


            Within 30 days from the date you leave office.



Q:        When do I file an annual statement?


            Anytime after the first of a new calendar year.  Annual statements are due no later then April 1 of each calendar year.  If an individual assumes office between October 1 and December 31 and filed an assuming office statement, they are not required to file the next annual statement. 



Q:        Are there any penalties for failure to file?


            Yes.   Late statements are subject to a $10 per day late fine, up to a maximum of $100. 



Q:        Is there a fee for copies of filed Forms?


            Yes.  The city follows the cost set forth by the FPPC - 10 cents per age or $5 per request for statements of five or more years old.


back to top








Q:        I have forgotten my password.  What do I do?


You will want to request a new password.  From the Login for Existing Users page, click “Lost Password.”  Enter your email address that is on file with your filing officer and click Submit.  Your new password will be emailed to you.



Q:        How do I know if I need to complete a schedule?


Review the guideline information to the right of the Schedule page being viewed.  If this does not answer your question, you should contact FPPC at 1-866-ASK-FPPC. 



Q:        I do not have any schedules to complete.  Do I have to go through all the schedule screens?


No, but you do need to complete the Cover Page section.  Once the cover page is completed, and you are sure that you do not have any disclosure requirements, click Review Page and continue with reviewing and printing your Form 700, per instructions.



Q:        If I exit the system before completing my e-filing, will I lose all my data?


No, but when you log back into the system you will see a screen informing you that you have a work in progress.  Click Next (this will land you on the Review Page).  Click on the particular Schedule link where you need to edit or enter new data.  If you have previously entered data on a schedule, the data will be in a grid at the bottom of the screen where you can click the Edit button to make edits or Delete button to delete the information.



Q:        When I click the Review Draft button to generate a .pdf draft of my filing document the .pdf does not open.


Check to make sure you have a .pdf viewer on your computer (e.g. Adobe Acrobat Reader or Foxit Reader.)  If you do not have a .pdf viewer loaded on your computer the .pdf will not open.  The Review and E-File page contains links to websites to download a free copy of a .pdf viewer. 



Q:        Why does the filing that I printed not have a Filing ID number?


Because the filing is only a draft copy.  The Filing ID is only added to the form when you have e-filed your Form 700.


Q:        Can I enter an amendment to one of my filings using the e-filing system?


Not at the present time.  FPPC requires all amendments be manually filed and submitted

to the City Clerk’s office.


back to top








Q:        How do I change my password?


From the Administrative Control Panel, click on the link Change Password.



Q:        One of my filers has a new email address.  Do I need to take any action?


Yes.  A filer’s email is used for logging into the filer system, informing the filer of deadlines, due dates etc it must be updated in the admin system.


To edit the email address, click on the Administrative Control Panel and click View/Edit Filer > Edit Filer Info.  Once changed in the Admin system, the filer must use the updated email address to log into the filer system. Their password does not change.



Q:        Can I look up the password for one of my filers?


No.  All passwords are protected.  Contact the City Clerk’s office for assistance.



Q:        What is the difference between a redacted and non-redacted filing?

·         Redacted -- A redacted filing has the address information removed from the form allowing it to be placed on your public site ( Anaheim does not post filings on any public site).

·         Non-redacted -- A non-redacted filing has the address information visible and can only be used at a kiosk location. For privacy reasons non-redacted cannot be placed on the internet public site.


Q:        How do I find out who in my department is required to file in a given year?


Use the Filing Status Report link.


Q:        If I choose to view only non-filers on the Filing Status Report why do filers who have submitted electronically appear?


A filer needs to have turned in their wet signature version of the Form 700 to be considered a successful filer.  Until that time, a filer is considered a non-filer even though they have e-filed.



Q:        I want to record a paper filing that was generated by the e-filing system.  Where do I find the Filing ID?


If the paper filing was created using the e-filing system, there will be an eight-digit document ID Number found in the top left corner that reads "California Form 700" (just below the black box).



Q:        Can I record a filing amendment for an annual filing that is not for the current year or for an assuming, leaving or candidate filing?

Yes.  From the Administrative Control Panel click on the link Record Filings Received > Amendment.  If the filing amendment is for an annual filing that is not for the current year you must remember to select the year of the original filing on the Record a Filing-Amendment page.  If the amendment is for an assuming, leaving or candidate filing, do not select a year but you must check the box ‘Does this amendment amend a filing from any year that was NOT due on April 1st? (i.e. Assuming, Leaving or Candidate statements)’


Q:        How can I view a filing or an amendment that has been entered in the system?


On the Filing Status Report look under the columns titled Redacted PDF, non-Redacted PDF or Amendments.  If the filer has a filing and/or an amendment entered the links to those documents will show in the appropriate column.



Q:        How do I enter a filing requirement for one of my filers that is not an annual requirement (i.e. assuming/leaving/candidate)?



From the Administrative Control Panel click on the link View/Edit Filers and search for the filer.  In the search results click on the Edit link next to the filer’s name.  Under the filer information there are three sections that allow you to set a date for filing an assuming office statement, a leaving office statement and a candidate statement.

back to top