Information Services' goal is to ensure that user departments are supported with current technology and expertise at the lowest possible cost and with a system that is responsive to future technological improvements. The Division maintains and manages the City's computer systems including the mainframe, AS/400, personal computers and the network infrastructure.
Information Services works with the City's contractor to ensure that all tasks on the Annual Work Plan (derived from the City's five-year strategic plan for information and technology) are completed accurately and efficiently. They also monitor operation of the City's helpdesk and maintain the City's internal and external websites.
- Provides Information Services support for all departments in the city
- Responsible for maintaining continuous operations of the City’s network infrastructure, as well as availability of all core systems
- Plans and manages disaster recovery and capacity planning for all of the City’s Information Services assets including all network infrastructure, system servers, enterprise data, etc.
- Provides application development services as requested by departments, including on-going maintenance and support of existing applications
- Perform system upgrades and maintenance as required for all core systems.
- Handles purchasing forms and contracts for acquisition of Information Services equipment, including personal computers, application servers, data servers, and telecommunications equipment. Also completes installations, configurations and deployment of equipment.
- Manages distribution to department users of reports generated by enterprise-wide applications
- Maintains the City’s Help Desk, providing user support for hardware and software requests/issues. Help Desk is available from 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, and Saturday from 6:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
City of Anaheim
Information Services Division
201 South Anaheim Boulevard, Room 401
Anaheim, California 92805
(714) 765-5239 fax
Hours:Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.