The Library Board is appointed by and acts as an advisory body to the City Council concerning the operation and conduct of City libraries.
- 4:00 p.m.
- 2nd Monday of each month (Library Board Meeting Schedule)
- Main Library, Board Conference Room
500 W. Broadway
Anaheim, CA 92805
Agendas & Minutes
(Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.)
This is a 5 member board (Roster). All members shall be qualified electors of the City. Members shall not hold any paid office or employment in the City government. Board members may serve up to 2 consecutive 4-year terms and may not concurrently serve on 2 or more City boards and commissions.
The City Council may appoint 1 or more emeritus members to serve at the pleasure of the Council (AMC1.04.750). Emeritus members shall have all rights and privileges as board members, with the exception of voting rights and shall not be counted for purposes of determining a quorum.
- Recommend to the City Council rules and regulations and bylaws for the administration and protection of City libraries.
- Make recommendations concerning the acquisition of library materials as well as the borrowing, lending, and/or exchanging of library materials.
- Recommendations concerning the purchase or lease of real property and the rental or provision for adequate buildings or rooms for library purposes.
- Review the annual library budget and make recommendations accordingly; within 60-days after the close of each fiscal year, report library conditions to the City Council.
- Perform other related duties as outlined in the Municipal Code and such additional duties and functions as may be required from time to time by specific action and direction of the City Council.