Parks & Recreation Commission
PurposeThe Park and Recreation Commission is appointed by and acts as an advisory body to the City Council and Director of Community Services in matters pertaining to advancement of sound park and recreation planning and programming.
- 4th Wednesday of each month
*November and December meeting is combined and held on the first Wednesday of December
- Locations will vary each month
2018-19 Meeting Schedule
View Live Meeting Video: June 24, 2020, 6:00 P.M.
Agendas & Minutes
View Most Recent Agenda and Minutes | View All Agendas and Minutes
(*Please check the most recent Parks & Recreation Commission Agenda for possible location changes or if the meeting may be cancelled.)
This is a 7 member commission (Roster). All members shall be qualified electors of the City. Members shall not hold any paid office or employment in the City government. Board members may serve up to 2 consecutive 4-year terms and may not concurrently serve on 2 or more City boards and commissions.
Council may appoint up to 7 ex-officio, non-voting members, each of whom shall be a member of the board of trustees of a separate public school district serving the City.
- Recommend policies on recreation services, advise in the planning of parks and recreation programs and aid in coordinating recreation services with the programs of other agencies and voluntary organizations.
- Recommend policies for the acquisition, development, and improvement of parks and playgrounds, including planting, care and removal of trees.
- Recommend the adoption of standards on areas, facilities, programs, and financial support.
- Review annual budget of the department and make recommendations accordingly.
- Perform such additional duties and functions as may be required from time to time by specific action and direction of the City Council.