- Housing and Community Development
- Housing Authority
- Section 8 Rental Assistance
- Housing Choice Voucher Program
Housing Choice Voucher Program
The Anaheim Housing Authority administers federally-funded programs and grants allocated by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) in the City of Anaheim, CA.
The Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program offers two housing options: tenant-based and project-based.
- The tenant-based HCV Program is the federal government's major program for assisting very low-income families, the elderly, and the disabled to afford decent, safe, and sanitary housing in the private market. The HCV program is currently only open to individuals who qualify for the mainstream preference.
- The Project-Based Program (PBV) ties a voucher to a specific unit in which an assisted household can move into. The PBV program is currently only open to individuals who meet the live or work in Anaheim preference. To learn more about the PBV program, click here.
The Anaheim Housing Authority's Housing Choice Voucher program waiting list is currently open only to individuals who qualify for the mainstream preference.
To qualify for the mainstream preference, a household member must satisfy all three eligibility criteria: (1) must be between 18 to 61 years old, (2) must be disabled, and (3) must currently be homeless or transitioning out of an institutional or other segregated setting within the next 30 days and have no where else to stay. In order to apply, you must attach verification that you or a member of your household meets all three of the above criteria.
Pre-applications will be accepted by mail to the Anaheim Housing Authority, 201 S. Anaheim Blvd. Suite 201, Anaheim, CA 92805. You may submit a written request for the Anaheim Housing Authority to send you a pre-application by e-mailing AHAinfo@anaheim.net or writing to: 201 S. Anaheim Blvd. Suite 201, Anaheim, CA 92805.
Please be aware of potential fraud/scams from other websites/agencies claiming that the Section 8 waiting list is open and you can register through them. These companies are requesting you to sign up through their company and pay a fee in order to be put on the waiting list or even receive a Section 8 Housing voucher. The Anaheim Housing Authority wants to make it clear that we will never ask for money in order for you to be put on our waiting list or receive a Section 8 voucher. The only way to be put on the Section 8 waiting list, when it is open, is to register online through the Anaheim Housing Authority website. You may not otherwise sign up through any other website. Please be aware of these types of companies and never give out your credit card information to anyone claiming that that they can put you on our waiting list or give you a Section 8 voucher.