Anaheim Public Utilities will provide rebates when you make the switch to water and energy-efficient appliances and equipment around the home. Choose from a variety of Energy Star-certified appliances and high-efficiency conservation measures.
Top 10 Tips for Going Green
- Switch to Energy Star LEDs
- Run full dishwasher loads. You can actually reduce the amount of water and energy used by 50% compared to washing dishes by hand!
- Get off of junk-mail lists by registering your preferences with the Direct Marketing Association at http://www.dmachoice.org
- Dust off the coils of your refrigerator to improve energy efficiency
- Use motion sensor power strips to shut off electronics when they are not in use
- Set your thermostats 3-4 degrees warmer in summer and cooler in winter
- Plant drought-tolerant or California friendly plants in your yard
- Wash clothes in cold water as much as possible; most detergents work just as well in cold water
- Replace your high volume shower head with a water saving model
- Select Energy Star appliances when you're replacing your old models