FAQs for Filing Officers

How do I change my password?
From the Administrative Control Panel, click on the link Change Password.

One of my filers has a new email address.  Do I need to take any action?
Yes.  A filer’s email is used for logging into the filer system, informing the filer of deadlines, due dates etc it must be updated in the admin system.

To edit the email address, click on the Administrative Control Panel and click View/Edit Filer > Edit Filer Info.  Once changed in the Admin system, the filer must use the updated email address to log into the filing system. Their password does not change.

Can I look up the password for one of my filers?
No.  All passwords are protected.  Contact the City Clerk’s office for assistance.

What is the difference between a redacted and non-redacted filing?

  • Redacted -- A redacted filing has the address information removed from the form allowing it to be placed on your public site ( Anaheim does not post filings on any public site).
  • Non-redacted -- A non-redacted filing has the address information visible and can only be used at a kiosk location. For privacy reasons non-redacted cannot be placed on the internet public site.

How do I find out who in my department is required to file in a given year?
Use the Filing Status Report link.

If I choose to view only non-filers on the Filing Status Report why do filers who have submitted electronically appear?
A filer needs to have turned in their wet signature version of the Form 700 to be considered a successful filer.  Until that time, a filer is considered a non-filer even though they have e-filed.

I want to record a paper filing that was generated by the e-filing system.  Where do I find the Filing ID?
If the paper filing was created using the e-filing system, there will be an eight-digit document ID Number found in the top left corner that reads "California Form 700" (just below the black box).

Can I record a filing amendment for an annual filing that is not for the current year or for an assuming, leaving or candidate filing?
Yes.  From the Administrative Control Panel click on the link Record Filings Received > Amendment.  If the filing amendment is for an annual filing that is not for the current year you must remember to select the year of the original filing on the Record a Filing-Amendment page.  If the amendment is for an assuming, leaving or candidate filing, do not select a year but you must check the box ‘Does this amendment amend a filing from any year that was NOT due on April 1st? (i.e. Assuming, Leaving or Candidate statements)’

How can I view a filing or an amendment that has been entered in the system?
On the Filing Status Report look under the columns titled Redacted PDF, non-Redacted PDF or Amendments.  If the filer has a filing and/or an amendment entered the links to those documents will show in the appropriate column.

How do I enter a filing requirement for one of my filers that is not an annual requirement (i.e. assuming/leaving/candidate)?
From the Administrative Control Panel click on the link View/Edit Filers and search for the filer.  In the search results click on the Edit link next to the filer’s name.  Under the filer information there are three sections that allow you to set a date for filing an assuming office statement, a leaving office statement and a candidate statement.