Legal Internship Program
Law Student Internship
The Anaheim City Attorney's Office offers an excellent opportunity for 2L and 3L law students to participate as interns during the Fall, Spring and Summer semesters in our Prosecution Division.
The Prosecution Division handles all criminal misdemeanor cases within the City of Anaheim. Interns have the opportunity to work on family crimes and sexual offenses at the Orange County Family Justice Center (OCFJC) in Anaheim, or on general misdemeanor cases in the division's main office located at the North Justice Center in Fullerton.
- filing/investigation of cases
- pretrial hearings/negotiations
- research and writing
Work will vary throughout the internship duration. Assignments will consist of:
- Assisting attorneys with daily office operations.
- Research and writing briefs for various motions: motion to suppress evidence, withdrawal of plea, speedy trial motions, etc.
- Evidence Review: summarizing police video and audio recordings.
- Responding to discovery motions.
- Certified Law Students may prepare legal briefs and argue motions in court under the direction of the supervising attorney. Certification is not a requirement to participation in the internship program.
- Student must be at least 2L
- Able to commit to one Fall, Spring, or Summer semesters
- Available to work at least 10 hours a week during business hours
- Basic computer skills
- Good academic credentials
If you attend a local law school, contact your school's clinical placement program or career services department for application information on our internship opportunities. Internships are unpaid volunteer positions. Your law school may offer academic credit.
Application Procedure for those not facilitated through a school program: Deadline for application is during the first week of October for Spring, the first week of April for Summer and the first week of June for Fall. Please submit a letter of interest to:
Anaheim City Attorney's Office
Attn: Michael Easterson, Deputy City Attorney
1275 N. Berkeley Ave., Room 400
Fullerton, CA 92832
Once the request is received, your materials will be reviewed. The most competitive candidates will be contacted to forward additional materials, including writing samples, transcripts, and references.