About the Public Safety Board
Anaheim's Public Safety Board is a nine-member advisory board to the city manager. The board was started in February 2014 as an advisory board and community forum on public safety issues. The board's role includes review of:
- Police and fire budgets
- Staffing levels
- Delivery of service
- Policies and practices
- Some officer-involved shootings, in-custody deaths and uses of force
- Some internal affairs cases
Anaheim's City Council is looking at next steps for the board, which recently completed a two-year pilot program. After a community meeting and other discussions with stakeholders, the City Council is expected to consider recommendations for the future of the board in late summer or early fall of 2017.
Community MeetingJoin us for a community meeting on the direction of the Public Safety Board.
- When: Thursday, June 29
- Time: 6 p.m.
- Where: Brookhurst Community Center, 2271 Crescent Ave.
- More details: (714) 765-4925, firstname.lastname@example.org or Anaheim.net/PSB
On March 21, 2017, the City Council received details on options to expand the scope of the Public Safety Board.
City Council Workshop
The City Council held a workshop on the Public Safety Board Feb. 28, 2017. Click on the links below for presentations from the workshop.
Public Safety Board Meetings
The Public Safety Board met 12 times on a quarterly basis from late 2014 to early 2017.
Meetings were held at 6 p.m. at Anaheim West Tower, in the Gordon Hoyt Conference Room on the second floor.
Agendas & Minutes
Click on the links below to see agendas and minutes from Public Safety Board meetings.
View Most Recent Agenda and Minutes | View All Agendas and Minutes
- Forrest Turpen, West Area (Chair)
- Robert Nelson, Central Area (Vice chair)
- Carolyn Bryant, East Area
- Miriam Chairez, South Area (resigned)
- Michael Colicchio, Central Area
- Thomas Dunn, At Large
- Ericka Martinez, South Area
- Eric Smith, East Area (resigned)
- Michael Vogelvang, West Area
How do I file a complaint regarding the Anaheim Police Department with the Public Safety Board?
If you wish to file a formal complaint, please complete a Personnel Complaint Form. You may obtain this form at any of these locations:
- The City Clerk's Office
- Any police department substation
- Any Anaheim Public Library
- Download the form online
City Manager's Office
200 S. Anaheim Blvd, Ste. 733
Anaheim, CA 92805
Or you can complete the form online, click here for the online form in English or Spanish.
To learn more about the complaint process and what happens next click here.
- Anaheim PSB Review JBA Report and Attachments January 2017
- Anaheim Police Department Response to OIR Group July 2016 Report
- Office of Independent Review Group Report July 2016
- Anaheim Police Department Response to OIR Group 2015 Report
- Office of Independent Review Group Report October 2015
- Office of Independent Review Group Report April 2015