About the Fraud Hotline
The city of Anaheim is committed to ensuring accountability and integrity.
The Anaheim Fraud Hotline offers city employees, contractors, residents and others a way to report suspected fraud, waste and abuse of authority and/or position involving city resources.
The phone number and website are available around the clock, 365 days a year.
Please note the hotline is not intended for employment-related issues and concerns, which are governed and addressed by existing city policies and procedures (see “What Not to Report” below).
How to Report
Any employee, contractor or resident who suspects inappropriate activity can report it several ways, You can remain anonymous and do not need to provide your personal information unless you want to.
Here's how to report:
- Online: fill out an online form by clicking here
- Hotline call: call the toll-free hotline at (844) 701-5974
- In-person: contact the city of Anaheim audit manager at (714) 765-4396
What to Report
We need details to properly investigate a complaint. Here's what we need when the alleged misconduct involves a city employee, a city contractor, or an organization doing business with the city:
- The name of the individual(s) or group(s)
- Specific details regarding the alleged misconduct
- How the alleged misconduct occurred
- Where the alleged misconduct occurred
- The city of Anaheim department where the alleged misconduct occurred
- When the misconduct occurred (dates and times)
Whether reporting by phone or online, you will be get a report key number and password allowing you to check back on the status of the case.
If we need further information or documents, we may contact you through the case record. So please check back periodically on your report.
What Not to Report
- Discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and/or employee grievances. Please contact the Human Resources Department, Employee Relations Division.
- City safety issues or concerns regarding environmental, health, or safety laws. Please contact the Human Resources Department, Risk Management Division.
- Code violations, graffiti complaints or parking issues. Please contact the Planning Department, Code Enforcement Division.
- Electricity theft, water waste or other utilities complaints. Please contact Anaheim Public Utilities.
- City campaign and lobbying violations. Please contact the City Clerk’s Office.
- Litigation matters involving the city. Please contact the City Attorney’s Office.
- A police report or complaints related to Anaheim Police Department services. Please contact the
Anaheim Police Department.
- Potential housing fraud within the Housing Authority Rental Assistance Program. Please contact the city’s Housing Authority.
- Welfare fraud, call (714) 347-8636.
- Workers' compensation fraud, call (714) 648-3650.
- Medi-Cal fraud, call (800) 822-6222.
- Child abuse, call (714) 940-1000.
- Elder/disabled adult abuse, call (800) 451-5155.
- Consumer fraud, call (714) 648-3600.