Planning & Building
Public Counter Hours: 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Plan Check Submittal: Submit in person at the Building Division counter.
- Obtain a Permit: In person at the Building Division counter.
- Picking up Corrections: Please call (714) 765-5153 to schedule a pick up.
- Records Research: Available in person at the Building Division counter.
- General inspection questions or to speak with your inspector:(714) 765-5153.
- Schedule a Building Inspection: click here or call (714) 765-5153.
- Building Division Questions and Concerns: (714) 765-5153 or BuildingDivision@anaheim.net
Planning and Zoning
- Public counter hours: 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. - Planners are available to assist with general planning and zoning questions, and over the counter reviews for signs, fences and walls.
- Remote (Phone/email) Planning Services Division Public Counter Hours: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. - We also encourage you to contact us by phone or email to answer your planning and zoning questions. For Planning and Zoning Services call (714) 765-5139 or email us at Planning@Anaheim.net. Please include the following information: name, site address, your specific question.
- Zoning Verification Letter- To request a zoning verification letter, click here.
- Fence and Wall Zoning Permit (6 feet or less in height): To submit a fence and wall permit remotely, click here.
- General Planning and Zoning Services, click here.
- Anaheim Zoning Code, click here.
- Check the zoning on a property by using the online zoning look up tool, click here.
- Quick Planning and Zoning Reference Handouts, click here.
- Planning forms and applications: click here.
- Planning Commission Meeting Information: click here.
- Historic Preservation and Mills Act Questions: Please see our frequently asked questions here. Email your specific questions to HPreservation@Anaheim.net and include the following: name, site address, your specific question
- Business Assistance Program – the City offers resources and information beneficial for business owners in the process of opening a new business, remodeling, or expanding an existing business. Contact them at BusinessAssistance@Anaheim.net.
- Business License Applications
- Applications are accepted by mail or temporarily via email. Click here for the application. Once the application is completed, you may contact our office for the amount due. Please contact the business license staff at (714) 765-5194 or email email@example.com.
- Renew your Business License
When submitting your payment, please review your renewal notice in its entirety with special attention to the middle section titled, “Calculation of Total Amount Due”. This section provides specific instructions to calculate the amount that is due.
- Online: renew your business license using your MasterCard, Visa or Discover credit card HERE.
- Phone: renew your business by phone using your MasterCard, Visa or Discover credit card, call (714) 765-5194. Payments via phone will be accepted Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Please have your business tax certificate number available.
- Mail in Business Licenses: please have your payment postmarked by the United States Post Office on or before the delinquent date listed on the bottom left corner of your renewal notice. Failure to meet this deadline will result in additional penalties.
- New or Renewals of Operator/Regulatory Permit are not able to be processed at this time, pending police department appointments for live scan and photo.
- Please ensure your payment along with your TOT Return Notice is received in our office no later than 5 p.m. on the last city business day of the month. If you plan on walking the payment into City Hall please note our modified hours of 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Mail: City of Anaheim, License Collector, P.O. Box 61042, Anaheim, CA 92803-6142
- For Overnight/Express Delivery Only: City of Anaheim, License Collector, 200 S. Anaheim Blvd., #136 Anaheim, CA 92805
- Questions or service requests, call: (714) 765-5158 or email CPreservation@anaheim.net
- Request virtual inspections via our website here.
Planning - Public Record Requests
- Submit an online public record for planning services here.
- Email your planning records request to PRecords@anaheim.net.
- For other department records click here.
Visit www.Anaheim.net/coronavirus for more details on these and other services.
As a result of the threat of COVID-19, Governor Newsom issued Executive Order N-29-20 (superseding the Brown Act-related provisions), which allows a local legislative body to hold public meetings via teleconferencing and to make public meetings accessible telephonically or otherwise electronically to all members of the public seeking to observe and to address the local legislative body. Pursuant to this Executive Order, Planning Commission members will participate in the July 6, 2020 meeting remotely. Members of the public will be able to access the meeting live on-line, with audio and limited video using the following link:
In addition, members of the public can submit comments electronically for Planning Commission consideration by sending them to firstname.lastname@example.org, or directly to the project planner as indicated on the agenda, prior to consideration of the agenda. Those comments will be distributed to the Planning Commission members and will be made part of the official public record of the meeting. Contact the Planning and Building Department at 714-765-5139, the project planner listed on the agenda, or email@example.com with any questions.