We know these have been challenging times for everyone. We thank you for patience and understanding during our temporary public closures and as we move through our phased reopening.
City Hall reopened its first and second floors to the public on June 15 with modified hours of 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Departments offering services on these floors include planning, building, city clerk and public works.
Across the street in our sister building known as Anaheim West Tower, the first floor lobby is open. There you can find the cashier's office and Anaheim Public Utilities customer service lobby. More on the services offered by public utilities below.
We know many people come to City Hall for a variety of reasons. Here’s a roundup of available services and how you can access them.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Give us a call at (714) 765-4311, Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Planning to visit City Hall? Click here to know what to expect.
It’s our pleasure to continue serving you as we navigate this challenging time together.
Anaheim Police Department
- APD homepage
- APD headquarters remains closed and hopes to reopen soon
- File a police report here
- Get a copy of a police report here
Anaheim Public Library
- Find our digital services here.
- Ask a Librarian: If you have questions about your account, library services, or general questions, call us at (714) 765- 1880.
- Live Storytimes: We’re offering live storytimes on social media! Find the schedule on the Anaheim Public Library’s Facebook and Instagram page.
- Curbside Service: Library patrons can place holds on books and DVDs through the Library catalogor over the phone for curbside pick up.
Library staff will call when your books are available for pick-up. When you arrive, call the Library and your books will be safely delivered on a cart to the parking lot. At this time, the East Anaheim and Ponderosa Joint-Use branches do not offer curbside service.
Book Returns: Items are not due during City Hall’s temporary closure but book drops remain open if patrons choose to return their library materials.
All Items with a due date during the closure will have a new due date 21 days after the library reopens. Overdue fines will not be accrued for any items including DVDs.
Anaheim Public Utilities
- APU homepage
- In Person:The customer service lobby is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Phone: The call center is open Monday through Thursday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Friday from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Bill deferrals, payment plans, and bill assistance programs are available, call 714-765-3300 or dial 311.
Online: Access your account or pay your bills at Anaheim.net/utilities
Chat: Chat with a live representative Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., click here
Email: Have a simple question or inquiry? Send it to email@example.com
Anaheim Housing Authority
- Rental-Assistance Programs: To learn more about the Anaheim Housing Authority’s rental-assistance programs and to apply, click here
- Existing Section 8 Participants: You may complete your annual recertification by mail. To submit documentation, you may:
- Mail in paperwork to 201 S. Anaheim Blvd. Suite 201 Anaheim, CA 92805
- Fax paperwork to 714-765-4331
- Email documentation to your Housing Specialist
- For Additional Questions or General Information, you may:
Anaheim Workforce Connection
- COVID-19 National Dislocated Worker Program: New job seekers interested in employment and training services may visit our website for program benefits and available workforce services.
- AWC Center Clients & Enrolled Participants:May continue to access online tools, pertinent job search, and UI benefit information such as:
- Job Search Resources
- Employment Opportunities
- EDD / UI Contact Information
- By clicking here
- For Additional Questions or General Information:
- Please contact our office at (714) 765 – 4350
- Visit our website here
- Email us at WDinfo@
- Senior questions, Meals on Wheels OC: (714) 765-4511
- Youth Scholarship Program: questions about spring class scholarships can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Summer VolunTEEN Program: orientations for the summer VolunTEEN program will continue virtually. Please email Volunteeroffice@anaheim.net for information on how to join a virtual orientation. Volunteer fingerprinting is suspended and will resume when in-person programming resumes.
Planning and Building
- Questions or service requests, call: (714) 765-5158 or email CPreservation@anaheim.net
- Request virtual inspections via our website here.
Business License Application
- Applications are accepted by mail or temporarily via email.
Click here for the application.
Once the application is completed, you may contact our office for the amount due. If you have any questions, please contact the business license staff at (714) 765-5194 or email email@example.com.
Renew your Business License
When submitting your payment, please be sure to read your renewal notice in its entirety with special attention to the middle section titled, “Calculation of Total Amount Due”. This section provides specific instructions in order to calculate the correct amount due.
- Online: renew using your MasterCard, Visa or Discover credit card HERE.
- Phone: renew by phone using your MasterCard, Visa or Discover credit card, call (714) 765-5194. Payments via phone will be accepted Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Please have your business tax certificate number available.
- Mail: please have your payment postmarked by the United States Post Office on or before the delinquent date listed on the bottom left corner of your renewal notice. Failure to meet this deadline will result in additional penalties.
- New or Renewals of Operator/Regulatory Permit are not able to be processed at this time, pending police department appointments for live scan and photo
Please ensure your payment along with your TOT Return Notice is received in our office no later than 5 p.m. on the last city business day of the month. If you plan on walking the payment into City Hall please note our modified hours of 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Mail: City of Anaheim, License Collector, P.O. Box 61042, Anaheim, CA 92803-6142
- For Overnight/Express Delivery Only: City of Anaheim, License Collector, 200 S. Anaheim Blvd., #136 Anaheim, CA 92805
General Planning and Zoning
- Public counter hours: 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Planners are available to assist with general planning and zoning questions, and over the counter reviews for signs, fences and walls
- Remote Public Counter:8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- We also encourage you to contact us by phone or email to answer your planning and zoning questions
- Phone: (714) 765-5139
- Email: Planning@Anaheim.net. Please include the following information: name, site address, your specific question
- Zoning Verification Letter
- To request a zoning verification letter, click here.
- Fence and Wall Zoning Permit (6 feet or less in height):
- To submit a fence and wall permit remotely, click here.
- Additional Resources:
- General Planning and Zoning Services, click here.
- Anaheim Zoning Code, click here.
- Check the zoning on a property by using the online zoning look up tool, click here.
- Quick Planning and Zoning Reference Handouts, click here.
- Planning forms and applications: click here.
- Planning Commission Meeting Information: click here.
Historic Preservation and Mills Act Questions
- Please see our frequently asked questions here
- Email your specific questions to HPreservation@Anaheim.net and include the following: name, site address, your specific question
Planning Services Public Record Requests
- Submit an online public record for planning services here.
- Email your planning records request to PRecords@anaheim.net.
- For other department records click here.
Business Assistance Program
- The Business Assistance Program offers resources and information beneficial for business owners in the process of opening a new business, remodeling, or expanding an existing business. Contact them at BusinessAssistance@Anaheim.net.
- Plan Check submittal: submit in person at the Building Division counter
- Obtain a permit: in person at the Building Division counter
- Picking up corrections: please call (714) 765-5153 to schedule a pick up
- Records research: available in person at the Building Division counter
- General inspection questions or to speak with your inspector: (714) 765-5153
- Schedule a building inspection: click here or call (714) 765-5153
- Building division questions and concerns: (714) 765-5153 or BuildingDivision@anaheim.net
Engineering Plan Review
- We encourage you to submit your projects electronically. If you have existing plans in review and would like to continue the review process using electronic review, begin by requesting a user account for use of our FTP site by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reference your existing RCP, GRA or other case numbers in the subject line of your email. Our team will respond to your request within two business days with additional direction on the requirements for submittal and payment options.
- If you have new plan review submittals, please email email@example.com to obtain an account after the required payment documents are completed. You will receive a response with instructions on how to proceed within two business days.
- For engineering-related questions regarding your project, please continue to contact your assigned case engineer directly. We encourage you to correspond with the engineers via phone or email to discuss your questions.
- To check the status of your plan check, click here.
- You may also contact us at (714) 765-5176 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions regarding electronic submittal.
Solid Waste Management Plan Review:
Contact Leticia Mercado, email@example.com or (714) 765-6836, for the following:
- Solid waste management plans
- Review of project plans for solid waste removal services including trash enclosure locations
- Construction and demolition application questions
Active issued permits for inspection
- Schedule Public Works inspections using the Public Works IVR phone line at (714) 765-5126 or online here.
Inspectors will coordinate with the applicant or contractor to discuss the scope of the proposed construction activities. All initial communications will occur via phone and e-mail. Instructions for using the IVR are available online here.
Applicants or contractors will be required to collect all necessary evidence of the work being performed in order for the Public Works inspector to independently verify the work. The contractor should contact their assigned inspector to discuss the documentation needed in order to sign off the work.
Purchase Parking Permits
- Parking permits can be purchased and renewed online via our Permit Store, click here.
Assistance is available to first-time customer. Please email proof of residency (ID or driver’s license, a utility bill, or lease agreement) and current valid vehicle registration to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to create your online account. This will facilitate the purchase of your permits online via our Permit Store.
- For additional assistance, call (714) 765-5176 or email us at email@example.com.