We know these are challenging times for everyone. It’s important to us that you know we are here for you.
The public closure of City Hall wasn’t an easy decision to make but a necessary one to protect the health and resiliency of our community.
While the building closed to the public during the coronavirus outbreak, your city employees are still working hard to meet your needs.
First, no one should have any concerns about their safety. Public safety provided by the Anaheim Police and Anaheim Fire & Rescue departments remains our top priority.
We are also proud that you can rely on Anaheim Public Utilities for safe drinking water and reliable power to keep the lights on and food in your fridge cold during these unprecedented times.
Street sweeping and trash collection will also continue as regularly scheduled.
Beyond these essential services, there are many more you have access to from the comfort of your own home.
Here’s a roundup of available services and how you can access them.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Give us a call at (714) 765-4311, Monday through Thursday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Friday from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Click here for a condensed list of city services.
It’s our pleasure to continue serving you as we navigate this challenging time together.
Anaheim Police Department
Anaheim Public Library
- Find our digital services here.
- Ask a Librarian: If you have questions about your account, library services, or general questions, call us at (714) 765- 1880.
- Live Storytimes: We’re offering live storytimes on social media! Find the schedule on the Anaheim Public Library’s Facebook and Instagram page.
- Curbside Service: Library patrons can place holds on books and DVDs through the Library catalog or over the phone for curbside pick up.
Library staff will call when your books are available for pick-up. When you arrive, call the Library and your books will be safely delivered on a cart to the parking lot. At this time, the East Anaheim and Ponderosa Joint-Use branches do not offer curbside service.
Book Returns: Items are not due during City Hall’s temporary closure but book drops remain open if patrons choose to return their library materials.
All Items with a due date during the closure will have a new due date 21 days after the library reopens. Overdue fines will not be accrued for any items including DVDs.
Anaheim Public Utilities
- APU homepage
- Phone: The call center is open Monday through Thursday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Friday from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., and Saturday from 8 a.m. to noon
- Online: Access your account or pay your bills at Anaheim.net/utilities
- Chat: Chat with a live representative Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Email: Have a simple question or inquiry? Send it to email@example.com
- Senior questions, Meals on Wheels OC: (714) 765-4511
- Youth Scholarship Program: questions about spring class scholarships can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Summer VolunTEEN Program: orientations for the summer VolunTEEN program will continue virtually. Please email Volunteeroffice@anaheim.net for information on how to join a virtual orientation. Volunteer fingerprinting is suspended and will resume when in-person programming resumes.
- Community Services Department Part-Time Recruitments: please call (714) 765-5191 or email email@example.com to be connected to our personnel specialist, who is providing limited services via call-in or appointment, including pre-employment orientations.
- Refunds for cancelled classes and activities: we appreciate your patience as we work to process prorated refunds for cancelled classes and activities. Please expect to see your refunds processed in 2 to 4 weeks. Questions? Call us at (714) 765-5191 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Planning and Building
- Questions or service requests, call: (714) 765-5158 or email CPreservation@anaheim.net
- Request virtual inspections via our website here.
Business License Application
- Applications are accepted by mail or temporarily via email.
Click here for the application.
Once the application is completed, you may contact our office for the amount due. If you have any questions, please contact the business license staff at (714) 765-5194 or email email@example.com.
Renew your Business License
When submitting your payment, please be sure to read your renewal notice in its entirety with special attention to the middle section titled, “Calculation of Total Amount Due”. This section provides specific instructions in order to calculate the correct amount due.
- Online: renew using your MasterCard, Visa or Discover credit card HERE.
- Phone: renew by phone using your MasterCard, Visa or Discover credit card, call (714) 765-5194. Payments via phone will be accepted Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Please have your business tax certificate number available.
- Mail: please have your payment postmarked by the United States Post Office on or before the delinquent date listed on the bottom left corner of your renewal notice. Failure to meet this deadline will result in additional penalties.
Please ensure your payment along with your TOT Return Notice is received in our office no later than 5 p.m. on Tuesday, March 31. During the City Hall closure, you have options to make your payment:
- Mail: City of Anaheim, License Collector, P.O. Box 61042, Anaheim, CA 92803-6142
- Drop Box: located on the southwest corner of the Anaheim West Tower (201 S. Anaheim Blvd.) As you approach the entrance to the building, the secure drop box is located to the left on the outside of the building.
- Drive-up Drop Box: Located on the north parking entrance adjacent to the Anaheim West Tower building and Oak Street. There are two ways to access the drive-up drop box.
- From Center Street Promenade, turn right into the parking structure, drive toward the north exit and the Drive-Up Drop Box is located on the left hand side
- From Oak Street the Drive-Up Drop Box will be located on your left
General Planning and Zoning
The best way to reach a planner with your planning and zoning question is via email: Planning@Anaheim.net. Please include the following information: name, site address, your specific question.
- Planning and Zoning Questions call: (714) 765-5139
- General Planning and Zoning Services, click here
- Anaheim Zoning Code, click here
- Check the zoning on a property by using the online zoning look up tool, click here
- Quick Planning and Zoning Reference Handouts, click here
- Planning forms and applications: click here
Historic Preservation and Mills Act Questions
- Please see our frequently asked questions here
- Email your specific questions to HPreservation@Anaheim.net and include the following: name, site address, your specific question.
Planning and Building Records
- Submit an online public record for planning services here.
- Request a zoning verification letter: Click Here
- Email your planning records request to PRecords@anaheim.net.
- For other department records click here.
Business Assistance Program
- The Business Assistance Program offers resources and information beneficial for business owners in the process of opening a new business, remodeling, or expanding an existing business. Contact them at BusinessAssistance@Anaheim.net.
- Building division questions and concerns: BuildingDivision@anaheim.net
- Permit counter services, appointments: (714) 765-5153
- Plan check services are available by appointment only. This includes first-time submittal, resubmittal, revisions and picking up corrections. Please call (714) 765-5153.
- General inspection questions or to speak with your inspector: (714) 765-5153
- Schedule a building inspection by calling (714) 765-5153. Our IVR and online platforms are temporarily unavailable. Out of an abundance of caution, interior residential inspections are currently on hold. In an effort to ensure progress is maintained we are examining all possible alternatives to provide these inspections.
Engineering Plan Review
- We encourage you to submit your projects electronically. If you have existing plans in review and would like to continue the review process using electronic review, begin by requesting a user account for use of our FTP site by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reference your existing RCP, GRA or other case numbers in the subject line of your email. Our team will respond to your request within two business days with additional direction on the requirements for submittal and payment options.
- If you have new plan review submittals, please email email@example.com to obtain an account after the required payment documents are completed. You will receive a response with instructions on how to proceed within two business days.
- For engineering-related questions regarding your project, please continue to contact your assigned case engineer directly. We encourage you to correspond with the engineers via phone or email to discuss your questions.
- To check the status of your plan check, click here.
- You may also contact us at (714) 765-5176 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions regarding electronic submittal.
Solid Waste Management Plan Review:
Contact Leticia Mercado, email@example.com or (714) 765-6836, for the following:
- Solid waste management plans
- Review of project plans for solid waste removal services including trash enclosure locations
- Construction and demolition application questions
Active issued permits for inspection
- Schedule Public Works inspections using the Public Works IVR phone line at (714) 765-5126 or online here.
Inspectors will coordinate with the applicant or contractor to discuss the scope of the proposed construction activities. All initial communications will occur via phone and e-mail. Instructions for using the IVR are available online here.
Applicants or contractors will be required to collect all necessary evidence of the work being performed in order for the Public Works inspector to independently verify the work. The contractor should contact their assigned inspector to discuss the documentation needed in order to sign off the work.
Purchase Parking Permits
- Parking permits can be purchased and renewed online via our Permit Store, click here.
Assistance is available to first-time customer. Please email proof of residency (ID or driver’s license, a utility bill, or lease agreement) and current valid vehicle registration to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to create your online account. This will facilitate the purchase of your permits online via our Permit Store.
- For additional assistance, call (714) 765-5176 or email us at email@example.com.