Personal Use EV Charger Rebates
Receive up to $1,500 or $3,000
Subject to availability of funds.
Anaheim Public Utilities is offering rebates to customers (both residential/domestic and business/non-domestic) who install Level 2 (240-Volt) plug-in Electric Vehicle (EV) Chargers. Under this program, Anaheim will reimburse customers for out-of-pocket expenses per EV charger, and the charging facility may be used for personal or business purposes without being made available to the public.
Customers will be reimbursed for out-of-pocket expenses.
- Up to $1,500 per any Level 2 EV charger for customers NOT participating in one of the Utilities networked Time of Use (TOU) programs or EV Rate programs
- Up to $3,000 per networked charger and the customer must also sign up for any available time-based rate, as applicable
See the Load Management Techniques & Rates page for details regarding Anaheim's TOU/EV Rates.
Eligible expenses include:
- Cost of the charger
- Cost of installation
- Upgrades needed to accommodate the charger
- City permit fees for the EV charger
Customers who receive a rebate under the Public Access EV Charger Rebate Program are not eligible to receive a second rebate under this Personal EV Charger Rebate Program for the same charger.
Plug-In Electric Vehicle Charger Rebate Program Steps.
- Obtain an Anaheim building permit for the installation of your new EV charger at 200 South Anaheim Blvd., Anaheim CA 92805. All permit fees will be paid by Anaheim. If you have any questions about the permitting process please call Anaheim Building Services at 714-765-5153
- Install your new EV charger in accordance with applicable building codes. See the steps under “Installing a Level 2 Home Charging Station” under Getting Started With Your EV for details on this process.
- Fill out a EV Charger Rebate Application and submit the completed application along with all supporting documentation to:
201 South Anaheim Boulevard
Anaheim, CA 92805
Supporting documents required include:
- All charging station purchase and installation receipts
- Copy of Building Department Permit Card showing final sign off
- Copy of your Anaheim Public Utilities bill
- Photo of the installed PEV charging station
- Photo of the serial number on your charger
- Anaheim Public Utilities does not warrant, endorse or assume liability for the quality, performance or safety of the Customer selected contractor and/or retailer or wholesaler. Performance of any product and acceptance of materials used is solely the customer’s responsibility.
- Applicant agrees that any incentive may be credited towards any delinquent (as currently defined in the City of Anaheim Rates, Rules and Regulations) utility bill(s) for which the customer is responsible for, whether the account(s) is open or closed.
- Applicant is responsible for obtaining all required permits from the City of Anaheim.
- Applicant must receive electric service from Anaheim Public Utilities.
- Applicant must submit all required documents listed to be eligible for a rebate.
- Applicant understands and agrees that Anaheim Public Utilities may inspect the installed EV charger before the incentive is paid.
- Maximum of 2 EV charger rebates per customer.
- Prior to installation, the applicant is responsible for meeting all Program requirements and for checking with state, county or city governments and homeowner’s associations (if any) regarding:
- Rules and regulations
- The EV charger must be installed within Anaheim Public Utilities service area.