Private Use EV Charger Rebate
Plug-In Electric Vehicle Charger Rebate Program Steps
- Obtain an Anaheim building permit for the installation of your new EV charger at 200 South Anaheim Blvd., Anaheim CA 92805. All permit fees will be paid by Anaheim. If you have any questions about the permitting process please call Anaheim Building Services at 714-765-5153
- Install your new EV charger in accordance with applicable building codes. See the steps under “Installing a Level 2 Home Charging Station” under Getting Started With Your EV for details on this process.
- Apply online by clicking the link and creating an account.
- Follow instructions within the online rebate processing tool.
- Paper applications may be requested by contacting by phone, email or downloading online EV Charger Rebate Application | EV Charger Rebate Application - Spanish
Supporting documents required include:
- All charging station purchase and installation receipts
- Copy of Building Department Permit Card showing final sign off
- Copy of your Anaheim Public Utilities bill
- Photo of the installed PEV charging station
- Photo of the serial number on your charger
- Anaheim Public Utilities does not warrant, endorse or assume liability for the quality, performance or safety of the Customer selected contractor and/or retailer or wholesaler. Performance of any product and acceptance of materials used is solely the customer’s responsibility.
- Applicant agrees that any incentive may be credited towards any delinquent (as currently defined in the City of Anaheim Rates, Rules and Regulations) utility bill(s) for which the customer is responsible for, whether the account(s) is open or closed.
- Applicant is responsible for obtaining all required permits from the City of Anaheim.
- Applicant must receive electric service from Anaheim Public Utilities.
- Applicant must submit all required documents listed to be eligible for a rebate.
- Applicant understands and agrees that Anaheim Public Utilities may inspect the installed EV charger before the incentive is paid.
- Maximum of 1 EV charger rebates per customer.
- Prior to installation, the applicant is responsible for meeting all Program requirements and for checking with state, county or city governments and homeowner’s associations (if any) regarding:
- Rules and regulations
- The EV charger must be installed within Anaheim Public Utilities service area.
Additional Rebate Resources